◍ Chapter 17 ◍

We went early to univ, and all the students were gathered here in the main hall, there must be something to be announced.

We heard someone tap the microphone to get the attention of all the students.

As the MC started speaking in the front of course I didn't listen instead I kept bugging Chaeryeong that is sitting in front.

"What's your problem, Ryujin," She said slightly annoyed.

"I have a question"

Yeji leaned forward to rest her chin on my shoulder, and I felt it. She is seated behind me.

"What?!"

"Pretend that you found money in the road, it's 1,000 and 500, and no one was there but you. What will you pick?"

With an instant response, Chaeryeong said, "Of course the 1,000 duh."

Yeji and I burst out laughing.

"Oh my gosh, You're so silly!" Yeji said, still laughing.

Chaeryeong gave us a perplexed look.

Oh my goodness, if you are wise, you will choose both to get 1,500. Why would you not pick the 500?"

As Chaeryeong realized her response, "Whatever!" she laughed too. She said and stuck her tongue at us.

"How did she become top 3 in class?" I said to Yeji, we couldn't stop laughing at Chaeryeong.

"Enough guys, pay attention." Chaeryeong scolded and even rolled her eyes at us.

"Tsk, what exactly are they announcing?"

"We're having a school fest," Yeji said and wiggled her eyebrows.

The students all began to applaud. We had just learned that the meeting had ended. We got up and waited for our turn to leave the gym.

A lot of students here inside yet my eyes still found Yuna. She's patiently waiting for their turn.

"You just gonna stare at her?" Chaeryeong said as she wrapped her hands around my shoulder and looked at Yuna too.

"What do you want me to do? Go to her then what?"

"Go ask her out on a date!" Chaeryeong said and laughed.

I pulled her arms away from me and gave her a playful shove. "She is in a relationship already!"

"Okay, so? Someone can be taken even after marriage. If you truly want her, get her!"

I looked away from Yuna and said, "Let us forget about her."

"Will you just let it go? You won't do anything about it?"

Even though we were on our way to our room, Chaeryeong continued to discuss it.

"I will just embarrass myself in front of her, even if I do something. She will never like me."

Chaeryeong faced palm. "Stupid! You are leading things that have never happened yet. Just confess or I'll tell her?"

"Chaeryeong, stop. I do not confess because I also can not handle rejection. It's better to keep this feeling than to be rejected."

"Fine but can accompany going to the bathroom?"

I looked at her and shook my head. "Why? You want me to take off yo-"

I was stop what I was going to say because Chaeryeong beat me hard.

"Ouch!"

I saw her face so red and looked at me madly. "Stupid, just wait for me outside!"

"Okay"

After just some walking we're now in the bathroom, good thing no one is here. As Chaeryeong went about her business, I made the decision to wash my hands. While I was doing so, I noticed Yuna in the mirror's reflection.

We stared for a second and she broke it. She did wash her hands as well.

To ease the awkwardness between us, I mumbled, "Hello."

"Hi"

I sighed and pulled out my handkerchief and dried my hands.

I don't know what to say to her.

As I watched her, I noticed that she was also searching for something to dry her hands.

I held out my handkerchief to Yuna as she was about to wipe her hands in her uniform.

"It's too early to get dirty."

She accepted it and said 'thank you'.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, I know I became mean"

"It's nothing"

Nothing? She was so mad yesterday, jeez this girl.

"Well? Are you available later?"

Did I eat everything I said? Whatever!

"Nope, I am in a relationship. I'll spend my time with him." Yuna said sarcastically, I know she's bringing up what happened yesterday.

When Chaeryeong did go outside, I noticed that she was staring at us with surprise.

Yuna joyfully yelled, "Chaeryeong," and gave him a hug.

I saw Chaeryeong smirking as she reciprocated the hug. She even deliberately gave Yuna a harder squeeze and stuck her tongue out at me.

She's teasing me!

I closed my knuckles and flexed it to Chaeryeong, "You want me to punch you?" I mouthed.

They finally let go of each other and I would be lying if I said I'm not jealous.

When I am able to give her a hug as well?

Chaeryeong suddenly speaks to Yuna, and both of us look at her. "Yuna, actually Ryujin wants to tell you something, I'll leave the two of you bye"

In just one snap, Chaeryeong disappeared and left us looking so confused.

That girl set up me! Chaeryeong truly wants me to say my feelings.

I looked at Yuna and I saw her waiting. Should I confess now? But we're inside the bathroom. Maybe next time.

When is the next time? I ask in my mind. But I don't wanna slip this chance to fool around.

"To be honest, I do not have anything to tell you, but I do have a question. I hope that is okay?"

Yuna raises her eyebrows, being confused even more. "What is it?"

"Did the fall from heaven hurt you at all?" I ask grinning at her.

Gosh, what I'm doing now? Making a fool of myself in front of her?

Yuna rolled her eyes at me, she looked about to give me an attitude, "You just saw me looking so fine. Please ask something decent."

"May I have your phone number?"

I am not sure how it came out of my mouth, but now that I have said it, I will not take it back.

"Why?"

"How can I plan our marriage if I don't have your number?"

Of course, I didn't say that, I caress my nape, I'm getting a little embarrassed. "Nothing, here's mine," I said and grabbed her hand then got the pen in my pocket. I write my number on her arm.

I smiled at her widely and let go of her arms. She's looking at me in disbelief.

I leaned forward to her ear and whispered, "Don't forget to text me, okay?"

Someone enters the bathroom so I distance myself from Yuna, I take it as a cue to leave her.