◍ Chapter 11 ◍

I am fidgeting with my pen while observing the view outside the window. I am waiting for our class to be dismissed but our professor still announcing something regarding our upcoming exams.

I wanna listen to him yet I am distracted, someone is occupying my mind, and she never leave even a single moment.

I wanna go home since I'm kinda not feeling well. Regarding the confession, Yeji told me that it was up to me to choose when to tell Yuna, so she did not pressure me into doing so.

Since I know that Kai and Yuna are doing so well, I want to stop bothering her and teasing her. I want to treat her differently. I am just waiting for them to be the official couple.

My feelings for her should be buried and I should move on.

Don't wanna compete either, I know I am not gonna win against Kai even though sometimes he's being an asshole. Everyone knows how much Yuna adores him.

"Ryujin"

I was startled out of my reverie by Chaeryeong's call. She's my seatmate then Yeji's next to her.

"What?" I answered.

Chaeryeong approached me and mumbled. "Have you heard the rumors going around university about Kai and Yuna?"

I sighed and shook my head, perplexed. I ask even though I believe I already know what she will say.

"What rumor?"

"Kai got caught seeing a girl that wasn't Yuna," Chaeryeong said, kinda pissed off. She's a bit close to Yuna since they are in the journalism club.

"What?!" I exclaimed lowly.

How the heck can that guy do that, dammit? I'm thinking to forget Yuna then he will just hurt her.

I became very angry and gritted my teeth, thinking that Yuna now felt betrayed and hurt.

"All right, folks, just one more gentle reminder to put in a lot of study time. Next week is the exam period. Class adjourned.

Thank goodness our class was dismissed.

I ran faster than I could going out to the room to find her. I want to give her comfort.

I haven't noticed that I'm in the front of her classroom. They still have a class so I have to wait. Leaning against the corridor fence, I let my bag fall to the floor.

I was approached by someone who tried to talk to me, but I just ignored them and told them to go away.

It's still a rumor and still unconfirmed but that still affects her.

At last, their classes were over. I picked up my bag and hang it on my shoulder ask I saw her going out the door.

I am right, Yuna looked not fine. The rumor has an effect on her.

Before she could turn her back on me. I blocked her, spreading my arms widely. She flinched, startled by my presence, but she continued.

With a playful smile, I asked, "Are you heading home?"

Yuna remained silent and attempted to pass herself off to me, but I refused.

"Please do not bother me right now. I wanna be alone." Yuna said slightly pushing me without strength, it's like she just tapped me on my shoulder.

She looked at me in the eyes with those teary, dejected eyes before she passed on me, which is how I got stoned.

She moved slowly, concentrating her gaze heavily on the ground.

Seeing her like that hurts my heart.

One heart's sank again because of cheating and betrayal.

I interrupted Yuna as she was going to open her car and took the key from her grasp.

"What are you doing?" Yuna asks angrily. She's so in deep thought and driving in that state is a bad idea.

She might get involved in a car accident.

"I'll drive for you," I said, smiling at her.

Yuna sighed, giving a feeble shake of her head in protest. "No, please. Return my key to me."

I replied, "I won't," and turned to hide my arm behind my back because Yuna was attempting to take the key from me.

"Huh, why are you acting in this way? To make fun of me? Do it now so you can finish it early."

Does she view me in that way? My chest hurt a little bit.

However, I push that emotion aside and give her a big smile.

"I am not here to tease. I heard the rumor actually so I am here being a concerned friend."

"You can not drive in that condition." I mentioned.

With her hands crossed, Yuna looks at me questioningly. "When did we become friends?"

Whoa, I forgot that we are irksome rivals rather than friends.

I don't care, she's the girl I like so, for me we're friends.

"Well, crossed out the friend." I said playfully and held her hands, pulled her towards the passenger seats, and opened the car door for her.

"I refuse to let you use my vehicle to transport me back home!" Yuna spoke angrily.

"Please, go away from me. Just leave, please."

I was playing with the car key in my hand when I said, "Get this to me if you do not want me to drive you home."

Yuna looked at me madly, "I will just gonna walk!"

Her sudden exclamation startled me, and I became afraid as she started to walk away with me.

I ran to catch up with her and I did, she saw me about to reach her but she slapped my hands away.

"Aww!" I exclaimed in pain and I caressed my hands.

I saw a little guilt in her eyes but still, she's mad.

"When are you going to quit making fun of me? When are you going to stop bugging me? Shin Ryujin, when will you finally leave me alone and in peace?" Yuna yelled at me because of mixed emotions, she's dealing with right now.

Yuna couldn't hold her tears anymore. She's crying in front of me.

She's crying in front of me.

I want to comfort her and make her feel better, but I am also partly to blame for her behavior.

Kai and I are not different either. I am also causing her pain.

Now everything I'm doing to her is sinking in my mind. I was so infatuated with her that I was oblivious to her feelings. I mistakenly believed that making fun of and bothering her would bring us closer, but that is not what actually transpired.

That simply serves to increase her hatred of me and ensures that she will never want us to get along.

I held her hands and humbly said, "I am sorry." She was resisting, but I managed to open her tightly closed palms from her rage.

I gave her a long look, mouthed "sorry," placed her key in her hand, and shut it.

"I am going to leave now." I lastly said to her and starts walking away from her.

I tucked the key into my pocket, put on my helmet, and mounted my sport bike.

I will just follow her home to make sure everything is alright, and I suppose now is the right moment for me to stop bothering her.