◍ Chapter 24 ◍

A gentle tap on my foot wakes me up. I stretch my arms and sit up in bed.

"You have a pretty visitor."

"Huh?" I responded puzzledly.

I believe it is Somi, because she told me last night that we needed to buy a dress for the party tonight.

"Fix yourself now, don't make your visitor wait for too long." Mom said firmly.

It's so early, damn... She doesn't need to go here. We could just meet in the mall.

After fixing my bed and going through my morning routine, I went downstairs and saw my father reading the newspaper while drinking his black coffee, which was most likely prepared by Mom. I greeted him goodmorning and kissed him on the cheek.

"They are in the kitchen."

"Alright"

I finally saw my visitor, and she is the last person I expected to see here, so this happened unexpectedly.

"Yuna-yah?"

Yuna looked at me while holding the muffins that Mom made.

"Good morning," she said, giving me a slight smile before returning to talk to Mom.

"Good morning" I greeted back and sat next to her

"What brings you here?" I ask to initiate a conversation with her.

"Auntie, your muffins are soft and sweet. Do you sell them? I would like to buy a box of this and give it to my mother. She definitely will like this." Yuna said to my mother while ignoring me.

I made a pout.

Mom is happily talking to her to the point where she grabs the muffins she gave me and hands them to Yuna.

My heart began pounding so fast when I saw Yuna give me one. I can't contain my smile.

"Thank you!" I said and started munching.

The fact that she gave me one indicates that she is watching me.

Mom finally left us alone and now, we're just the two of us, silently eating the muffins.

"You wanna refill your coffee?"

"No, thank you."

I stood up and went to the coffee maker, damn it and now she was giving me a cold response. Is she just showing off her kindness to Mom?

I looked back at her, and she is now looking at me with her arms crossed.

I sighed and returned to making a new cup of coffee.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her again.

I sensed her presence beside me. "Why are you asking again? Am I not welcome here, hmm?"

I shut my mouth tight and ignore her as I am thinking what's going on in her mind. This is so strange!

"Okay, I will leave now. As soon as I heard that, I regained consciousness, grabbed her wrist, and drew her closer to me, causing her to bump into me.

I did not let go of her after wrapping my hands around her waist.

Yuna was surprised by my actions, which made her stand like a statue, and confusion written on her face.

"I know there's a reason why are you here," I muttered lowly. "Hmm tell me? I will not let you go unless you tell me..."

She starts pushing me to create space between us, but I just pull her closer again.

"Not answering so I can hug you a little longer. I see."

She hit my shoulder and rolled her eyes at me. "I just need someone's company. I'm bored. Lia is always with Yeji then Chaeryeong, I can't contract her. " She answered not removing my hands around her waist. I understand she enjoys it.

"What about Kai?"

"He's always busy. If he is not in school, he is at their company." She responded and avoided making eye contact with me.

I let go of her and crossed my arms, "I know you are cheating, so why are you doing this?"

Yuna did not respond, and I know I cannot force her. However, I wanted to discuss this matter with her, so I began dragging her to my room, thankfully, my parents were in theirs.

We are now in my room, and I have let her sit in the corner of the bed. I stood up in front of her, arms at my waist, and stared at her intently.

"We both know you shouldn't be here. Probably your boyfriend is looking for you. If he finds out, he will be furious."

"We are not doing anything wrong here, so why will he be mad?" She responded and began wandering inside my room, while I simply watched her.

I clenched my fist to keep myself from snapping; how could she say that?

"Do you hear yourself? This is completely absurd, Yuna! Knowing that I like you, knowing that you have a boyfriend, and, knowing he's getting jealous of me! Being here should be the last thing on your mind..." I spoke seriously in a low tone, afraid of being heard by my parents.

Yuna opened her mouth and immediately closed it tight, choosing to remain silent. I know she has something she wants to tell me, but I do not want to hear it right now.

I sighed and prepared my clothes, I'll just take a warm bath to ease my mind, and I'll just use the guest's bathroom.

My phone beeped. Somi must have texted me that. I checked it and I was right. My eyes widened when I read she was on her way here...

"Somi is on her way here..." I muttered, and as I took a step towards the bathroom, Yuna stopped me from tugging on the hem of my shirt.

"What?"

"Are you really going out with her tonight?"

"Yes, why are you asking? Is anything wrong, hmm?"

She let go of my shirt and I saw her eyes drop. "Nothing, I am going now."

"If you have a problem, just say it, Shin Yuna."

She paused, but did not look at me.

"Are you jealous, hmm? I thought you liked the idea of me dating Somi. "

"I don't give a damn if you date her."

"I don't give a damn if you date her." I said copying to mock her. "So why are you here?"

"Are you dumb? I already told you why, Shin Ryujin."

I raised my right eyebrow, "Do you think I will buy it? "If I were you, I would just say I am jealous."

"I. AM. NOT. "

"Okay, if you say so."

"I'll go home"

"You should," I responded, deadpan.

Yuna, who is obviously jealous but keeps denying it, just rolled her eyes at me and eventually left.

My phone rang, indicating someone was calling me. It's Somi.

["Oh, sorry, I went straight to our company, I'll just send the dress to you home."] Somi said in another line.

"Okay"

Somi ends the call. I threw my clothes on my bed and jumped into it.

I hugged my pillow and muttered, "Tsk, I should not let her go home."