The Illithid King...; dark grey

The tall woman rises with the sun, the piercing light scorching her eyes, leaving her blinded for a few moments. she gathers up her armor and belongings and heads downstairs, her trusty enchanted greatsword in the sheathe on her belt. Her heavy steps down the tavern stairs announced her awakening to the innkeep down below. As she reaches the bottom step and looks to innkeep, he glances up to her, and immediately looks down at the ground, his eyes wide and beads of sweat pooling on his brow. The tall woman strides over to the man behind the bar, towering over him, and drops a pile of three gold fishers in front of him on the counter. "Thank you for your hospitality sir." Her voice booms, louder than she intended, and stern. As a taller than average dragonborn, she's never been treated with personable respect. She doesn't know what it is to be treated kindly, or with anything other than fear, and she's always known that she can use this to her advantage. By age twelve she became a successful charlatan. She doesn't know how to adopt a soft tone, as she's never had to. She exits the inn/tavern to be met with the warm embrace of the morning sun, and countless stares from the surrounding peasants, going about their daily lives. Children run and hide, mothers hide their babies under cloths, men quake and run into the buildings as she passes. This is a human village, a very poor one at that. She strides down the road, heading towards the luxurious gilded castle, which stands out against the rotting wooden buildings of the poor village under it's control. 

She arrives to the grand doors of the castle, which surely must stand at least 30 feet tall, and 10 feet wide. Finally a door fit for her. The doors begin to creak open, at glacial pace, and, being impatient, she shoves them open with little to no effort and walks confidently into the palace garden. She walks past the countless nobles strolling through the garden, and pushes through the palaces grand entrance. She knows exactly where to go, and as she walks, she fiddles with the hilt of her greatsword, which is known as sharpscale. She passes rich, golden corridors, and rooms full of expensive, easily stealable treasures, to the doors of the grand throne room. She pushes the doors open with excessive force. The man on the throne jumps up in fear, but quickly calms once he sees who has burst into his throne room. "Ah my dear friend. What brings you to my fine palace?" She trudges forward, grabbing the jewel-adorned black, sleek furred khajit by the collar of his silken shirt. "Tareas, your people suffer under the abuse of the troglodytes, and here you lie in your gilded castle, sipping on the finest of wines. Do your people even know they are ruled by a slippery feline such as yourself? Have they even gazed upon their king?" Tareas snaps his fingers, and a dozen troglodyte castle guards enter the throne room from unseen doors, surrounding the two. The dragonborn woman promptly drops the king of Traleriv (Truh-LAYR-iv) to the ground. The frail feline scurries to his feet. "What happened my friend. When last I saw you, you were but a weakling adventurer, seeking fame in the world of battle." The khajit man shakes his head and clicks his tongue pitifully. "Tsk tsk. You haven't changed a bit my dear Saya Surina. Are you still traveling with that disgusting vermin?" Saya utters a few draconian words and twirls her fingers, and a swirling light encompasses the room, a giant lizard appearing behind her. "That 'disgusting vermin' could flatten you in but a moment. Watch your foul tongue Tareas." Confused and concerned by her former friends foul attitude, she uses her magic talents to detect magic, sensing some kind of magical energy emitting from the king. The king rolls his eyes and with a wave of his hand, the troglodyte guards grab our hero and drag her, with much difficultly, out of the palace, throwing her out of the great gates at the very entrance. She stands there for a moment in utter shock, never having imagined that she would discover that the reason for the peoples suffering was none other than her dear old friend.

She summons her mighty giant lizard Keru, who she raised from an egg. She climbs on its finely saddled back and the two ride back into the town. She watches as troglodyte harass the towns people, taking their gold, breaking their possessions, and in rare disgusting, cases, taking their young from them. She shudders as she watches the unspeakable acts play out. there's nothing she can do, as she is now under close watch of the few actual guards stationed around the town, who are doing nothing to protect the defenseless peasants.