Why; grey

Charlie POV

"Charlie believe me, it is absolutely about you." I've been speaking to Ranboo about Rose's tweet from yesterday for 30 minutes. I've been beating myself up for not checking in on her, but at the same time trying to justify it by telling myself I'm only trying to give her space. "But she said in her post that it wasn't. She's probably over it. It was only 1 month, it's not like it was anything serious." I've been trying to convince myself I did the right thing since the words left my mouth that morning. "Charlie. Come the fuck on. You're like in love with her. Nothing serious my ass." I can feel my eyes starting to sting. Shit I really fucked up. "So you think I should talk to h-" "YES!" I pinch the bridge of my nose. Fuck this is not a good idea. "Alright I will. Thanks Ranboo." "It's gonna be fine Charlie." I hang up on Ran, and start to talk myself into calling Rosalie.

"Hey Rose, I know your tweet said it wasn't about me, but I wanted to make sure you're doing alright." God that sounds so fucking stuck up. fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. "Ranboo will keep texting me, they'll keep texting me til' I call her. They'll make me feel responsible. This is ridiculous okay? I'll call her. I'll call her. I'll call her. I'll call her. I'll call her. I'll call her. Shit." I open up message and hover my finger over the call button. After a few seconds of trying to convince myself I drop my phone on my bed next to me and punch my pillow in frustration. "God damn it!" I stare at the ceiling for a minute or two, trying to get over my nervousness, then I grab my phone and without giving myself a chance to regret it I call her. She picks up, right before it goes to voicemail. "Hi Charlie." She sounds so sad. Instantly when I hear her speak I forget my nerves, I just feel horrible now. "Hi Rose." SHe doesn't say anything. "I saw your twitter post. Are you good? You can talk to me." "Can I though?" I hardly hear what she says. Fuck. She's upset with me. She should be. Fuck. I swallow down the lump in my throat. "I'm here for you."

At this moment she can't tell if the tears dripping down her face are because she wants nothing more than to be close to him, or never to see him again.

"I know you are. I miss you so much." So it is about me. God fucking damn it. "I could visit you." Why did I say that? Seeing her would only make this harder. "Charlie I think you know that'll make things worse." I know she can't see, but I just nod. "It was nice talking to you Mr. Slime." She says with a sort of somber smile in her voice. I hum in response. Then she hangs up. God I really should stop calling her.

Rosalie POV

Why the fuck does shit like this have to happen. He's so perfect. He's so good to me. I just want him.

(Word count: 532)