Body and Soul; honey gold

12:00, Thursday, Aug 31.

This isn't how these usually start, at the first second of the day, but I find myself on the curb waiting for a cab, suitcases of clothes in hand. The sound of close by planes splitting my ears. A yellow taxi pulls up to the red curb. I step towards it, and the driver steps out to help me load up my bags. "Where are you headed?" I tell the man my destination, and take a deep breath. I've just left everything behind, and a crazed whim. Fuck. What if they don't even want me here. I load my bags into the trunk and take 7 steps around the car. I reach for the door handle. Oh god, I can't believe I'm here. I open the door and sit down in the passenger seat. The driver inputs the exact address into his gps. Seeing it on the screen snaps me into reality. Fuck. I really can't believe I'm fucking here. 

About 15 minutes into the drive, I get a phone notification. And it makes me gag.

Charlie__________________

Charlie

Hey dude, I'm worried about you.

Good to know he cares I guess. Fuck.  

Charlie__________________

Rosalie

I am okay.

I shut down my phone after that. I figure it might help with the nausea, but it doesn't. 

I watch trees pass. Fields pass. As far as the eye can see is beautiful colors and rolling hills, sprinkled with beautiful homes. 

I watch the trees passing for what feels like years. Even though realistically it's probably only another 20 minutes. The tires roll to a halt in front of an unfamiliar building. Oh fuck. The nausea comes back in full swing. 

I step out of the car, and take those 7 steps again. The driver opens the trunk of the car and helps me unload my two bulging suitcases. We walk back around the car and I pay for the drive. Then the man pulls away from the curb. 

I stand there, staring at the building in front of me for probably 45 minutes. I watch a silhouette cross through the windows a couple times during those minutes, but it never turns to notice the person staring in the driveway. 

After those 45 minutes I take my first few steps towards the house, and I feel the vomit bubbling up in my stomach. Oh fuck. Oh fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. The 4th step bring tears to my eyes. The 5th step brings a wobbling to my legs. The 6th steps brings pooling beads of sweat to my forehead. The 7th brings regret. 7 steps. It would only have taken 7 steps to get back in that cab and turn around. It would have been the logical decision. Step 8 brings relief, now I know it's real. But why is that a relief? Step 9 of what I now know will be 11. God. The 10th step has me breathing shakily. Step 11, and I raise my arm. 

Knock knock knock.

A single tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it away, hearing footsteps quickly approaching the door.

Creak.

I stand there, in frozen shock of that which I had been anticipating for days. 

"Hi."

I can feel my whole body shaking. Why am I here? They don't want me here! I shouldn't be here! They'll just tell me to go back home. I'll have to find a new apartment.

I take a few steps back. 

"Are you real?"

I can't help but laugh.

"I hope so."

They step toward me, and I drop the handles of my suitcases. They wraps their strong arms around me. "Hi Rose." "Hi Charlie." His arms are so warm and safe, and they hold me for what feels like a split second, but is probably closer to 5 minutes. His arms loosen and immediately they wrap around my waist, mine quickly around his neck. It feels like ages since I've felt the soft touch of his lips, when in reality it's only been a couple weeks. 

We pull our starved lips apart, and I press my head into his chest, tears coming down my face. 

He tenderly places a finger beneath my chin, pulling my face up to meet his gaze. With honey-sweet words, he whispers in my ear...

"You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. And wish from this day forth never to be parted from you."

CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING THE CANON ENDING OF:

HONEY-SWEET

Fret not readers! (Yes I do mean you spood and binky) There will be (rare) specialty chapters! I will post whenever I feel like it, and on some holidays! The next one I have planned (There may be some before this) is for Halloween! I'm super excited to be able to write this more for fun without having to stress about cranking out chapters! I'm super sad that this story is over! TO RESTATE: THIS IS THE CANON ENDING. MEANING THIS IS WHERE THE STORYLINE OF THE STORY TITLED HONEY-SWEET ENDS! THERE WILL BE SHORT STORIES IN THIS BOOK THAT ARE CANON TO THE UNIVERSE THAT HONEY-SWEET IS IN, BUT TAKE PLACE AFTERWARDS. I LOVE YOU GUYS!(NOT AS MUCH AS CHARLIE LOVES ROSE THO) (Word count: 850!!!!!!<333333)