Home...?; grey

Numb. Y'know in grade school, particularly lower school, when your teachers would ask you to describe how you're feeling in one word. I wake up feeling numb. All I want is to be asleep at home in my comfortable bed. Fortunately that's where I'll be in few hours.

I get up and grab my things, then I order an uber and wait down in the lobby. Right as I set my stuff down and sit on the couch by the hotel exit to wait, my worst fear comes true. The elevator opens to reveal Schlatt, who notices me almost immediately and rushes over to sit with me. Gods please don't let him say anything about Charlie. "Hey man you were just gonna leave without sayin' goodbye?" The moment he sits down next to me I drop my head on his chest and sigh shakily. Why do good things have to end? He sits there arms raised awkwardly for a second, unsure what to do. Then he rests his arms around me gently. "I'll drive you to the airport." Gods why is he so nice? "Okay." I say, my throat hurts how it does when you're choking back a sob. I cancel my uber and we head to his lime green rental tesla. "Schlatt what do I even do now?" He shrugs. "Sex, drugs, money baby." I chuckle a bit, wiping the tears pooling under my eyes. "You're the best you know that?" I ask, wanting to give him a smile, but finding it too hard. "You're not so bad yourself bitch." He puts on some music, shockingly good music taste by the way, and doesn't stop talking. I can tell he's trying to keep my mind off things, the way he pauses and I can see him frantically thinking of something else o say. He's so sweet. He really is such an amazing friend. "Hey Schlatt you really are awesome." he scoffs and smirks, "Well I wasn't gonna say it." I roll my eyes. 

we arrive at the airport and he climbs out of the car to help me grab my stuff and give me a hug. It's weird but in this one month Schlatt's sort of become like somewhat of a brother to me. He's such a cool chill guy when you get past the obnoxious, offensive persona. I wrap my arms around him tightly, pulling him into a crushing embrace. "I'll miss you Schlatt." He ruffles my hair and slides his hands into his pockets. "I'll miss you too Rose." I give him one last hug and rush inside to make my flight.

Walking through the airport I get stopped a whopping 7 times by people, most of them comment about how much it sucks that Charlie and I broke up. What gives them the right to pretend they understand how I'm feeling? I mean come on, you don't get it. I make it to my gate just as my flight is boarding and when I get to the desk they tell me I've been upgraded. Weird. I head to my first class seat and get myself set up comfortably. I put on my eyes mask and sleep through the 1 hour 35 minute flight.

The plane lands, jolting me from my comfortable, peaceful rest. Consciousness brings conflict in my mind, and this wake up is no exception. All I can think about is Charlie. Fuck. I pull out my phone, realizing I never checked if he texted me when he landed.

Charlie_________________________

Charlie

I've landed.

I don't respond, partly because he said that yesterday and partially because I have no idea what to say. I grab my carry on from the over head and head to the baggage claim to get the rest of my stuff. 

Charlie_________________________

Rose

Just landed in sf.

Charlie 

good to know you didn't crash. I always worry about that.

He's so perfect. Fuck. I order my uber and it arrives quickly. 

When I get home I unpack my things, I figure I might as well get it over with. As I'm about to lay down and go to sleep mid afternoon, I get a discord call.

Incoming call from: Charlie :]

Fuck. My heart starts to race. I pick up after a few rings. "Hi Rose." "Hi Charlie." Neither of us know what to say. "I didn't want us to just ghost each other because we got to scared to say anything. Sorry if I interupted anything." "Okay." Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. I have no idea what to say. "So how was your flight?" He chuckles, "Don't you think that question would have been better asked yesterday?" Suddenly I remember something I can talk about "Hey Charlie you left your headset." "Oh shit you're right! Hey could you mail that to me. I'll send you my address and stuff." "Yeah okay." After a bit of awkwardly silence, I say goodbye and hang up abruptly. Then I cry until I fall asleep. Fuck.

I'M SORRY. FORGIVE ME. I HAVE A PLAN I PROMISE AND THERE'S maybe A HAPPY ENDING!!!!! THIS LAST STRETCH IS GONNA TAKE A WHILE SO BARE WITH ME. HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT MY LOVELIES!!! (Word count: 837!!!!!!!<333333)