Introducing Naruto

Naruto looked up from where he was weaving his latest shirt. Since making his clothes was a little hard due to the fact that they can't exactly get a seamstress over without giving them a heart attack, Naruto had picked up on knitting after watching Kushina knit scarves for her family. Then he found that has the talent for it and had asked for books on how to make clothes. What started out as simple designs soon turned into elaborate fashion with practical uses.

His family has been using his creation since. His silk was durable and soft, making them perfect for mission gear. Not to mention they conduct heat very well in any weather. Naruto has also started to wear clothes more suited for his physique. It was designed like those Qipao from a distant island across the sea, but backless and has no sleeves since he doesn't really need sleeves. The neck closed at the back and the body was secured at the back almost like an apron. The front then fall between his pedipalps, completing his look. This was his chest was covered and so does his pelvic area. He didn't really worry about his back due to the chitin armor there.

Like this all his most vulnerable parts were hidden under durable silk made by him.

He greeted Kushina, "Yes, Kaa-san?"

Kushina grinned at him, "Your father and I has decided to make your presence known to more of our friends. We all know that we can't keep you hidden forever and that it won't be fair to you. So we have chosen your father's inner circle of friends to start with,"

Naruto stared at her, the beads of blue, orange, and red that he had braided into his hair clicked against the side of his left ear. Since his chitin covered earlobe would made it impossible to pierce his ears, he had braided a special seal made from hardened silk to dangle from his braided hair that he left long on one side. He also braided his hair, making it easier to tame them unlike Minato's fly away golden locks that all his boys inherited. Haruka liked wearing hers in a twin ponytails while Yukito kept his hair short.

Kushina smiled at him and gestured, "Come on. They have their children with them. They're all your age, dattebane,"

Naruto clicked his pedipalps for a second before following her. He has friends in Ranmaru, Haku and Kimimaro. But he was still nervous about making new friends. He knew very well that he's not like any of them so he knew that not all of them will welcome him. Minato and Kushina does not sugar coat the world for him. They didn't want to hurt him by giving him false expectations about the world. Kushina had shared her burden with Naruto, telling him about the Kyuubi locked inside her and why all his siblings have whiskers on their faces. His almost looked like part of his chitin but it was originally his whisker birthmarks. So he knew that not everyone will welcome him and that he can't hold them in contempt. They didn't owe him anything after all.

Following Kushina, he could hear Minato calmly explaining to the people visiting that Naruto 'does not look like them' and that he 'can be scary at first but he's actually really sweet'. It wasn't out of malicious intention that he told them about Naruto looking scary. It was just reality and he wanted them to at least be mentally prepared for Naruto.

Kushina drew their attention, "Hey guys!"

Naruto nervously clicked his pedipalps as eyes turned to his direction. They widened and the blond girl would have screamed had her father not clasp her mouth with his hand. The other parents had their hands on their children to calm their reaction. Naruto wasn't hurt by their reaction, per say, but rather it was expected and he was a little sad that it was the expected reaction. However, Shibi's son looked at him in interest instead. The quiet man that also moonlighted as his medic nodded at him in greeting

Naruto remembered Inoichi and the man smiled at him, "Hey, Naruto,"

Naruto clicked his pedipalps in recognition. He's too nervous to speak up. Kushina reached for his hand and Naruto gratefully accepted her touch.