Visitors from the Wind

Obito sighed as he wiped off rotten tomato juice from his face as they walked out of the Hokage Tower, "Alright. That is the mission quota met for the day. Do some team bonding activities while I walk my walk of shame and head home to clean. Peace!" He gave the team a two fingers salute and ambled him way down to the Uchiha District.

Naruto blinked, "Why didn't he just....I don't know, Kamui his way home?"

Hinata giggled, "I think Sensei forget that he can do that,"

Shino hummed, "An acceptable conclusion. The reason why is because Sensei is clumsy outside dangerous missions,"

Naruto clicked his pedipalps, still skeptical about Obito's clumsiness. The trio walked through Konoha, trying to find something to bond on. So far, Naruto and Hinata had bonded over flowers while Naruto and Shino had bonded over bugs....or the fact that Naruto's an interesting arachnid for Shino to study. So now they needed to find something that all there can talk about equally. Obito had told them that learning each other's nuances will make it easier to spot out a spy that used their features because they will lack that nuance.

Not that they can copy Naruto. He's impossible to copy physically even with Genjutsu.

Naruto sighed, "What do we even have in common other than Shinobi? I don't get this exercise, dattebayo! I mean, the only thing we can talk without accidentally pushing one person out is about training tips!"

Hinata gasped, "That's it! Maybe we should latch onto that and talk about our training?"

Shino lightly buzzed, "That is a problem with that line of thought. The reason why is because neither of us has anything in common when training. Hinata is a Taijutsu expert. I am a user of Kikaichu. Naruto is completely different in any way that could benefit us,"

Hinata shook her head, "No, Shino. There is something we could talk about and share. Our weaknesses that we think the other could help cover or help eliminate,"

Naruto looked at the two, "I could roll with that. You guys did great covering for me when Zabuza figured out how to kill me. I might have a 360o view but smart people like Zabuza can still move faster than I can react,"

Hinata hummed, "I am shorter than Raiga last time and that left me with a lot of opening since I have to jump to reach his fatal Tenketsu points. I need to figure out how to get around that," She sighed, "I doubt that I will grow very tall,"

Shino pushed his shades up, "That is an acceptable point of discussion. The reason why is because most of my Kikaichu had to be used to shield Tazuna and I when Raiga aimed for us. I am most fortunate that my Kikaichu managed to figure out the Katon Jutsu that Obito-sensei showed me, distracting him. But that won't be enough. I realized that once my Kikaichu runs out, I am vulnerable. I will need to figure out a way to defend myself when my opponent decide to take a direct approach,"

Naruto clicked his pedipalps as he thought about this glaring weaknesses, "Hmm....Hinata, remember when I told you about my worry and how you pointed out that biggest weak point is my abdomen? Well, you suggested a weapon that can become an extension to defend my biggest target. Why not use that same logic?"

Hinata blinked, "You mean, pick up a weapon?"

Shino hummed, "That is an acceptable point you made, Naruto. The reason why is because we Aburame tried to get as little damage as possible during direct confrontation since our body is a living hive. A weapon can both keep the enemy at a distance and shield our most vulnerable body during a physical confrontation; our hands and arms,"

Hinata frowned, "That is a great idea, Naruto-kun, but my clan disregard the use of weapons. A true Juuken master can use their Juuken both directly and indirectly. I can think of one move that can reach an opponent before they could reach me. It was originally designed to counter the Uchiha Clan but...." She sighed, "My chakra control is shoddy,"