First Blood

Naruto gasped as he woke up suddenly, his eyes wide. He frowned and quickly wakes up, stepping out of his funnel nest and looked out with worry. He realized that he had pushed himself too much last night and his team had decided to let him sleep his fatigue off. Unfortunately....

He rushed towards Tazuna's home and found Inari standing before his mother bravely despite his shaking knees with wide eyes filled with tears, holding a knife towards two twitching men on the ground before him. Naruto asked him, "Inari! Are you alright!"

Inari looked at him, face pale and tear stained but eyes bright with an inner flame, "Y-yeah,"

Naruto looked at the two men and reached a hand forward. Two black widows appeared and crawled towards him and onto his hand. He looked at Inari and smiled, "You're a brave after all. I'm sure your father is proud of you, dattebayo!"

Tsunami mumbled, "I am never going to kill anymore spiders in my house...."

She recalled the day Naruto had approached her and asked her to not kill any spiders in her home, no matter how dangerous they looked. He promised her that they won't bite anyone harmless to her family. At first she was skeptical but the fact remained that the two black widows that had been nesting in the corner of her house had taken down the two rogue ronin that Gato had sent for her.

Naruto sent his two friends back to Naraku's Pass, feeling his chakra stopped being pulled. He looked at the two, "Go hide somewhere they won't be able to find you. I'm going to the bridge!" He showed them a tiny jumping spider on the tip of his black claw, "Here. This guy will inform me if anything happen to you two. Just let him hide somewhere on you,"

Inari quickly accepted the little spider, "He's cute,"

Naruto grinned, his jagged teeth no longer looked so frightening as it only made them feel like everything will be fine, "I know! Jumping spiders are very smart too! You could keep them as pets if you want. They're very understanding!" He turned away, "Anyway, I got to go! Stay safe!" With that he disappeared in a single jump.

The mother and son duo shared a look before quickly gathered themselves, ignoring the two possibly dead men on their floor....

Naruto landed on someone's roof but didn't stay long as he jumped once again. He quickly saw the bridge and used a web that he shoot from his fingers to pull him in the direction he wanted. Using the momentum, he threw his heavy body onto a man with two swords aiming for his friends' lives. The man grunted as the air was forced out of his lung from the impact of Naruto throwing himself at him at full force of his momentum.

He crashed landed a few meter from his friends and greeted them, "Are you guys okay?"

Hinata gulped a much needed air and nodded, "Yes,"

Shino asked, "How are Tsunami-san and Inari?"

Naruto answered, "The black widows did their job,"

Tazuna sighed, "Thank the gods!"

He had never thought he will see a day where he will be grateful to have black widows in his house. But life sure was strange like that.

Zabuza was forced back Obito who had used his chokuto to shock him with a passive Raiton. He glared at the blade, metal made from the expensive chakra conducting steel. He looked at Raiga who stumbled onto his feet and cursed at him, "Really? I thought you were exaggerating about the giant spider, Zabuza,"

Zabuza grunted, "Why would I joke about that? That made no sense at all,"

Raiga grinned, "This is going to be fun," He quickly jumped back into battle. The Hyuuga girl had put up quite the fight but her movements were too low for him and left a lot of holes for him to exploit. However the holes in her defenses were quickly covered by the Aburame boy who had stayed back to shield the bridge building target. He looked at the spider, "I have never fought a spider before, at least not one where I can't just crush with my heels. Giving you a funeral will be something to remember!"