Spider In The Sand

Obito grins over his team, "Alright! This will be our second out of Konoha C-rank mission! So make sure that you have all the necessary items packed and a butt load of water to spare!" He pats his backpack, "Even if Naruto can pull water straight out of the air with a seal like a mobile Nidaime!"

Shino sighs, "I can't believe that we have to go to Suna,"

Understandably, he's worried about temperature. Although he's better, he is still the worse in his team when it comes to it. Other clan members said not to worry. He'll figure it out with the real deal. Not many know this but Aburame figures things out faster under duress. At least, that was what he was told. Shino is not going to put too much stock in it. It seems a little too illogical for him.

Hinata checks her backpack and nods, "I have all the things necessary, sir!"

Naruto looks at his hooves, "Will I be able to walk on sand properly? I heard that dessert sand is different from the beach because there is no water to compact it,"

Obito smacks his leg, "Don't worry! If you sink, we'll pull you out like a turnip!"

It takes a few days to reach the border of Kaze and after that, helping Obito read his map the right way up before he could get them any more lost, shoot straight for Sunagakure no Sato. While at the meeting point where a team of Suna Shinobi will meet them to guide them through the desert's mirage, Naruto starts shaking his backside to dig a hole in the ground, his eyes completely blank. The expression he's wearing is something that Shino had noted to be one he wears when influenced by his spider instinct.

He shakes himself lower and lower into the ground, flattening his body before throwing sands on his back with his legs. He only notice his team staring after only his head is barely seen above the sand, "What?"

Obito had to ask, "What are you doing?"

He answers, "It's hot..."

Obito raises a brow, "So you bury yourself in the sand?"

Shino gives an answer, "Well, the reason why is because the ground's temperature is at 25oC at all times. However, humans generally do not dig ourselves into a hole due to the amount of work required will only cause us to lose energy and sucks the moisture out of our body. Basically, we will be baked to death if we do this. Not to mention, desert sands are loose and made for terrible shelter,"

Hinata giggles, "Maybe because Naruto is part spider?"

Shino pushes his shades up his face, "Perhaps,"

Obito huffs, "Whatever. Take out your camouflage covering. Naruto got his au naturel, we only got this dinky old covers," He pulls out the thin cloth and looks out to the horizon, "The wind is picking up. No wonder they name this place Kaze. In fact, every other places are named after the most abundance of element in their region. So why the heck is Konoha in Hi? Is it because we have a lot of firewood?"

He settles down next to Naruto with the two other teammates. Naruto shakes his legs out and Obito grimaces at how creepy that looks. Hinata only giggles at the silly sight. Naruto looks at them, "I can help bury you?"

Obito hums, "Sure you would..." He then grins, "Let's prank the life out of the guide!"

The guide appears only when the sun is dipping in the horizon, possibly delayed by the sudden sandstorm in their general area. Looking around, he and his team wonders where the Konoha Shinobi are, "Did they get blown away or something? I won't be surprised if they do,"

Temari sucks her teeth, "Damn tree huggers. Don't they know the first thing about coming into the desert? Now we got to spread out and look for their dead asses,"