i don't know you | two

Seokjin felt like he was drenched in comfort like he was wrapped by a bundle of blanket forcefully and was piled with his favorites snakes, gummy bears, gummy worms, gummy peaches— right, peaches. The word along always brought a smile to seokjin's face as his lips stretched into a lazy smile. He tried to extend his arms which lead him to hiss softly— right, namjoon had slept on his arm. He lazily opened his eyes and spared namjoon a soft stare.

Instead, pressed his lips into a firm thin line as he saw a pillow weighing down on his arms. He pulled his arms away with a soft tug and sighed, pouting slightly as he tried to look around for namjoon while remaining on the bed where the omega's scent clung heavily.

Seokjin felt like he was rather floating than living at the moment, he'd tried his hardest to make namjoon feel like seokjin was namjoon's home— home, safe, alpha, pack . He'd been very gentle towards namjoon, and took every single opportunity to slightly nudge a memory of them towards namjoon. Yet, all over again he found himself stilling whenever namjoon mentioned or queried about his father.

It's been about a week since namjoon came home from the hospital, seokjin feels like his sole would burn into ashes if he kept doing this— kept lying to namjoon about his father. He knows that he shouldn't have lied, but at the moment he thought that lying would be the best for namjoon rather than just carelessly dumping the information to namjoon who barely breached his recovery.

After mulling under the sheets for ten minutes, seokjin finally decided to drag himself to the loo. He grabbed his facewash, brush, and towel— seokjin felt his insides freezing as a strong waft of namjoon's scent hit him like a strong tide of a wave. "Joon-ah?" he croaked out as he rushed out of the loo, "joon-" he stood near the kitchen as he saw namjoon pressing the buttons on the toaster. Seokjin could feel how intense namjoon scent was, ripe— like ripe juicy peaches that would melt in your mouth and scalding hot honey that would-

"What's wrong, seokjin?" seokjin blinked as he stared at namjoon...did namjoon not realize it? Or was seokjin just over visualizing it?

"Y-y....your scent is really heavy joon-ah." he muttered and felt his insides fill with warmth as he saw namjoon's cheeks will with crimson. Namjoon's eyes seemed to crinkle for a moment before he looked back at the toaster,

"sorry, i had to take off my scent block today morning. I wore it back tho." these were simple words, easy to understand but too hard to comprehend. Scent blocks? Namjoon had worn scent blocks that mere scent of namjoon's had made seokjin think that namjoon had went into heat.

Omegas who were mated, usually don't wear scent blocks. Especially, around their alphas since the mating mark naturally gave away the alpha's scent which made the omega to be safe around anyone. But, a mated omega wearing a scent block near their alpha...simply just meant denial.

Simply, just meant that the omega didn't accept the alpha. He chose to erase seokjin. Seokjin's scent from him by masking his own, which made namjoon to be portrayed just as a normal omega, with a mating bite but no alpha, no pack, he didn't feel safe—

Seokjin felt his throat tighten up, oh it hurt— and it hurt bad . Just months ago, they'd said their vows to each other. Namjoon had promised seokjin that he'd love him through the hassles, he'd love him through the tides, he'd love him through the storm...yet here he was erasing every part of seokjin on him.

Seokjin felt like he'd go crazy if he let himself be closer to namjoon any moment now, so he silently left the kitchen and went to their room where he locked the door. He stared down at where their wedding photo was and reached out to hold it, but instead felt his thumb bumping with something solid.