ー 14.

ㅡ 14. He said yes

Park Sunghoon

For Sunghoon, the summer didn't pass that fast. It became boring once he went back to the city early. After the vacation with his friends he didn't do much. Yes, it was fun to be with his friends but it's different when he's with Kim.

It's not like they hang out, but to admit it it's more fun to be with Kim than with his friends. It's the feeling of having a new friend where you still have to know the other person better, you take notes of the new things you found out about them. That's the feeling of being with Kim.

And the way Kim will stay silent became the definition of peace to Sunghoon. To sum it all up, Sunghoon misses Kim big time. That's why when their school announced back to school, he was the most excited-but he didn't know Kim was too.

The smell of the summer breeze is fading and slowly changing into cozy wind of incoming fall. As Sunghoon is on the way to school he thinks about the day he left Kim. He didn't say a word to him or check him and it troubled his mind throughout the summer but he can't contact the latter since he doesn't have his number or it will be weird to just dm him on his twitter.

When he finally reaches the classroom it's the usual, peers talking to each other, some are writing weird stuff on the board, couples being lovey dovey on the corner and of course Kim not minding them at all in the back.

Sunghoon walked to the room and patted him on the shoulder and said. "Good morning Kim, how's summer?" It was supposed to be a normal conversation but Sunghoon said it a bit too loud that his classmates including his friends stop what they are doing and change their gaze to Sunghoon and Kim.

Kim looked at them one by one with his cold stern look and pushed away Sunghoon's hands before answering, "Not as fun as your summer."

Sunghoon then furrowed and stare at his classmates, he thinks Kim would say otherwise if only his classmates weren't around. But in the end he nodded and patted the younger's shoulder once again. Immediately after, Kim wiped to where Sunghoon patted him using the back of his hand and Sunghoon found it still very Kim.

During lunch break, Sunghoon tried to ask Kim if he wanted to join them and as usual Kim turned him down. After the summer they spent together he thought Kim would at least talk to him just like how they talk when they were in their hometown. But maybe he will never know Kim.

"How are you today?" Sunghoon asked Jake in the cafeteria when he saw the latter glaring at him already.

"Fine, why did you take so long?" Jake asked.

Sunghoon felt a pair of eyes watching him and he was right. Right on the other side of the table there is Jungwon who's watching them both.

He felt like if he didn't answer immediately, Jungwon would answer for him. It's not like he has something to keep from Jake but he senses that Jake won't be happy to know why he took so long.

"Well, I asked Kim if he wanted to join us," Sunghoon then scanned Jake's face. He didn't seem like he didn't like what Sunghoon did but not ok with it either.

"I thought you guys hated him?" Jake then looked around. Jay, who didn't know what they're talking about, furrowed on Jake. While Ni-ki, who's been overhearing everything, nodded without looking at Jake.

When Sunghoon's eyes landed once again to Jungwon he saw the latter still giving him that indescribable look.

"Sunghoon never hated Kim. Actually he's the only one who has the courage to talk to him." Jungwon says.

"Why does Kim don't have a friend again?" Jake as if he was so lost about Kim, asked.

"He's just shy." - Sunghoon