ㅡ 24.

ㅡ 24. Risk it all

To others, you might think Sunghoon will barge into both Sunoo and Heeseung's time together, but Sunghoon had other things in mind.

After he sees the scene where Sunoo and Heeseung are, he marches back to the cafeteria, not because he is mad at both of them but because he is angry at another person. Who, you might ask?

If you think it's Ni-ki, you've got it all wrong because as soon as he comes back to their seat in the cafeteria, he lashes out at Jake.

"What are you thinking!?" Sunghoon asked angrily.

"W-What?" Jake was caught off guard and was speechless.

He's clueless as to why Sunghoon's mad at him. Meanwhile, Jungwon is watching both of them silently. Even Jay is curious why Sunghoon's angry, but he's more curious about why Jungwon is so invested.

"You think Kim is a laughing stock!?" Sunghoon can't hide his annoyance towards Jake. He turned his gaze to the silent Ni-ki facing down. "And you! Didn't I tell you to stop picking on Kim?"

"Did I pick on him? I just ask if that friend of yours knows the btch." Ni-ki didn't raise his head to face Sunghoon, but the older one made him meet his eyes by holding Ni-ki up by the plaid. 

"You! Since the beginning, I fcking ignored your teasing. But do that again to Kim… I'm not your friend, Ni-ki. I am not anymore." he pushed the younger back to his seat.

The other three were watching. Jake is terrified; Jay is curious and a bit scared since he used to tease Kim, too, and Jungwon's smirking.

"Jake, if you think bullying is a laughing stock, I will also cut you off. I don't tolerate bullies…" he stared at Jay. "The audacity of you living with him when you also used to say things to him."

Jay stood up, not to put up a fight but to say his sorry. "I know I've done so many things in the past, but believe me, I've known Kim now, and he's wonderful."

"Jungwon, You're the only one who has treated Kim differently, but I know you don't like him either; you were just being a good president," Sunghoon said, ignoring Jay.  "If you aren't part of the student council and the class president, you will do the same."

Jungwon didn't say anything. Not because he was guilty but because he didn't feel he needed to explain himself. Sunghoon is not in the right mind and won't listen to anyone, so what's the purpose of saying anything?

Jungwon just left. Ni-ki immediately followed him.  Jake marched out, too. Only Jay and Sunghoon were left.

"Sunghoon, sorry for everything. Now we made you look bad to Heeseung. But you don't have to say those things; that's not the right thing to do. You're wrong, too." Jay said before leaving.

"I'm not mad because of that. It's not because I want to look good to Heeseung but because Kim is hurting." He said.

He was ready to cut his friends off for Kim. It proved he was prepared to risk it all for the latter.

When he returns to their class, he only finds Jay on his seat talking to Kim. It's strange seeing Kim talking to Jay; he was talking to Jay, very different from the way he talks to him.

He walked towards them, but the two didn't notice him until he was next to them. Jay looked up at him but didn't move.

Sunghoon needed to inform Jay. "It's my seat."

Jay rolled his eyes and gazed upon Sunoo once again. "I'll talk to our professor later, Kim."

Sunoo thanked Jay with his low voice and smiled slightly at him. Jay reciprocates his smile with a bigger one.

Sunghoon, without a clue about what they were talking about, just sat beside Kim and stared at him, trying to read what was in his mind or if he was okay.

The older suddenly forgot how to communicate. He tries to say something to Kim multiple times but ends up just stealing glances at him.

Kim, on the other hand, can sense Sunghoon keeps on staring at him. "What?" Kim spoke.

"N-Nothing… I-I was just wondering what you and Jay were talking about earlier…" Sunghoon ends it with a little chuckle.

"Nothing that concerns you…" Kim flashes his light smile.

If this is a typical day for Sunghoon, he will probably jump from his seat once Kim smiles at him. But today is different; there's something in that smile. Even though the older wanted to ask further, he remained silent and nodded.

After class, Jay went to Kim's seat and said something along the lines of  "I talked to our professor, but he said he doesn't think it could still be changed…"

Sunghoon was intently listening but still couldn't understand what it was about.

"I'll talk to him," Sunoo said, and Jay nodded.

"Let's go, I'll go with you." Before Sunghoon could look back at them after he listened, the two were already walking out of the classroom.

Sunghoon then finds himself alone in their classroom. All he can do now is sigh and recall why this is happening.

In the end, Sunghoon concluded he could do nothing to reach Kim. Sunghoon even thinks of giving up, even though he knows he hasn't started yet. But little did he know Kim is only just a few inches away from his reach. 

To be continued…