ㅡ 22.

ㅡ 22. Chance

Kim Sunoo

"Good but not as good as mine…" Sunoo said when he finally finished the food.

"Wow! The confidence!" Jongseong exclaimed.

Sunoo, too, collected the plates and put them on the sink. He starts to rinse it before he looks at the man behind him, who's crossing his arms now over his chest while staring at him.

"You know that I'm the better cook," Sunoo said before turning his back to face the sink again.

"I'm the better cook, Kim," Jongseong smirked.

The older collected the glasses of water from the table, but Sunoo immediately snatched it from him. But Jongseong's grip on the glasses was so tight that Sunoo had to pull it with all his might.

"Give me that–" Jay wanted to play with Sunoo a little, so he loosened his grip on the glass, but when Sunoo finally pulled it out of his hands, it slipped and fell on the ground. "What the fck!" Kim exclaimed.

Jongseong was so startled by Kim's words that he took a moment to realize he had glass on his foot. His foot is now bleeding. The older didn't think twice about removing the shattered glass from his foot. It caused more blood to flow. Sunoo, however, immediately squats and picks up the pieces of glass on the floor.

"L-Let me, Kim," the older said as he squats after him.

"No, I'll do it, but it was your fault. Why did you do that!? You think it's funny!?" Sunoo exclaimed while he was picking the pieces of glass.

"I-I'm sorry, that's why I want you to let me handle this," Jay said softly.

Kim put down the glass and went to his room, slamming it hard for Jongdeong to hear how mad he was. But Jongseong just rolled his eyes.

On the other side of the door, Sunoo is about to message the president when he sees another piece of bad news. It's Sunghoon.

He groaned when he read the message. "Will this day get even worse!?"

When he thinks their conversation is done, he looks for the president's number and types in what he's meant to say about Jongseong.

He heaved a deep breath when he released all his anger and realized he had snapped again. It's been so long since he felt that anger. Now, he felt nothing but guilt. He even hurt Jongeong. He was the one who should be sorry, though what Jongseong did was wrong.