ー 39.

ー 39. Familiar

Park Sunghoon

Who would've thought that he would graduate? Him? For Sunghoon, he thought he wouldn't graduate in time because of his weak performance at school. He's always late or sleeping in class, but everything changes in 12th grade. Has it always been 12 grade? Were all the joyful as well as painful memories?

He didn't expect to have a very memorable school year. He remembered thinking on the first day of this school year that he would just enjoy it since this would be their last year together, but he didn't know it would be enjoyable to the point that he didn't want it to end.

But finally, here they are… seated in front of the big stage while the head professor is giving her speech. Sunoo is sitting on the left side in front of him, while he's next to Jay. He also didn't expect this dumbass to graduate with them today. Behind them was Jungwon, who was constantly smashing their heads with his fan when he spotted them talking to one another.

It's February 5, their graduation day. There are so many things that have happened. Memories of happiness and hardships they faced throughout their junior and senior years, and they faced it all together.

Even before this school year ended, they faced some problems; Heeseung wasn't accepted into NYU, Jay was going to the US to study there and be reunited with his family again, and Jungwon and Ni-ki almost didn't pass admission to their dream school. And for Sunghoon and Jake? Well, they didn't have a problem getting to their desired school, but the only problem they faced was the closure that they didn't have for months.

But even though Heeseung didn't get into NYU again, he was admitted to Sunghoon and Jake's uni, but he ended up giving it up to someone since he realized he wanted to go to a performing art school as well, so he enrolled in the same school as Jungwon and Ni-ki. Jay was also accepted to the same uni as Sunghoon and Jake, but it seems like his decision to return to the US is fixed.

Sunghoon and Jake have talked their problems out, and finally, Jake forgives him, and he forgives himself as well. They finally had their closure. Sunoo, on the other hand, still isn't enrolled. Sunghoon doesn't know if the younger is still unsure if he will pursue med school or because he doesn't want to rush it.

They haven't talked about it. Sunghoon doesn't want to force Sunoo to speak about his plans since the younger looks like he's lost since the graduation practice started. They haven't talked much since he went to the uni with Jay, Jake, and Heeseung. But he knows they're ok. Or does he only hope that they're ok? Now that he was thinking about it, it felt like Sunoo had been ignoring him.

They haven't talked in person even though they see each other every day, and Sunoo only messages him in the morning and the evening, saying 'good morning' and 'goodnight.'

And today, Kim only nodded at him when they passed by each other in the venue. He tried to reach for the younger's hand, but someone held it first. It was a tall, bulkily man who looked a little older to them but still very young. When Kim looked back at him, he turned on his heel and walked to his seat next to Jay, and here they were, listening to the head prof giving a speech.

He fished out his phone secretly. He tried to look over his shoulder to see if Jungwon was watching him, but thankfully, the younger one was intently listening to the prof on the stage. If Jungwon caught him using his phone and not listening, he would crack his head using his fan.

He immediately typed…