ㅡ 23.

ㅡ 23. From afar

First part: Kim

Park Sunghoon

The boy almost had his first heart attack, he thought when he closed the door behind him. He stood there for a good minute, calming himself.

"Now I make him more angry." Sunghoon sighs and walks his way to the cafeteria.

As he entered the glass door, he saw Heeseung with his friends. They were asking him, of course, about New York. They didn't even notice him until he sat next to Ni-ki in front of Jake, who was listening intently to what Heeseung was saying.

"Did your assignment go well?" Sunghoon patted Jake's shoulder as he sat to get his attention. He had helped Jake once again to do his homework last Friday.

Jake looked shocked but nodded in response. "Thank you so much! It went well!"

He was happy to help Jakt, but their friend seemed even more comfortable. He looks like a hesmith, which is very different yet familiar.

"What!?" Sunghoon asked, punching Ni-ki's shoulder playfully.

"Something is happening between you two!" Jay said teasingly.

"Certainly!" Ni-ki added and started poking Sunghoon.

"Stop it, guys! Aren't we asking Heeseung-Hyung about his New York journey?" Jake said and rolled his eyes to Jay.

"You're just trying to avoid the subject!" Now, Heeseung is starting to join.

"No, what the fuck!" Jake can't hide his embarrassment. He's so red, and Sunghoon can't help but laugh.

"Stop it, Jake's turning into a tomato!" Sunghoon said, laughing.

"I won't tell you anything about New York unless you tell me what's happening between you two. I don't have an idea… remember? I just got here!" He said.

"Nothing is going on," Jake said.

"They're dating," Ni-ki said, something even more straightforward.

"Woah! Really!? You didn't tell me that!" Heeseung felt betrayed.

"That's because we aren't. We no longer date… I stopped courting Jake, and we're just friends…" Everyone went silent in shock, but Jungwon looked like he knew about it because he kept his straight face and watched Jake's reaction.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" Ni-ki exclaimed.

"Sunghoon's telling the truth… It's just not working between the two. I decided it would be better if we stopped." Jake helped Sunghoon, who was struggling to tell his friends about the situation.

"Since when!?" Jay asked curiously while his eyes looked at them back and forth.

"Since the vacation, we talked and settled it privately… we don't want you guys to worry because it might ruin the mood." Jake once again explains as he has old Sunghoon's hand resting on the table.

"What!? That's so… I mean, you guys were never okay– how'd you come up with that decision?" Jay's even confused now.

"I don't even know, Jay…" Jake said honestly and gazed at the man in front of him who was also staring at him.

"You have to explain…" Jungwon finally spoke after his long silence.

"He doesn't deserve–He never deserves to be treated like how I treat him. I liked him before, but things are different now, and it will ruin our bond if we continue. I'm just going to hurt him more." Sunghoon said, even though he's struggling with his words.