ㅡ 25.

ㅡ 25. Message

First Part: Save my number
Park Sunghoon

It has been a week since he last talked to Kim. Not because he has given up on him already but because he's been bothered by the time he heard what had caused Kim to be so aloof. He felt guilty, given that he witnessed it all happen before him, and he didn't do anything.

He feels like he doesn't deserve Kim, after all. He deleted the latter's number after that day. He left their group chat where Jay, Jungwon, and Ni-ki were. They tried to bring him back, but Ni-ki and he argued again, so they removed him.

He finds out that what Jay and Kim were talking about last Monday was about convincing their prof, Sunghoon's uncle, to let Heeseung move to their classroom and be their classmate, but the professor disapproved of it. Heeseung told him about it. He told Sunghoon he wanted to change sections, but their class would be over the number of students, and he didn't get permission.

After that day, when he went home, he chose to talk it out with Heeseung; he wanted to apologize that he didn't do anything and Hee understand it and told him that Kim had already told him he was not part of it. All he did was be good at the younger.

Now, they had to talk with their partners since it was just one week away for their group project. By now, they should've already finished, but because of what happened and because he deleted the younger's number, he couldn't message him anymore, and the younger didn't message him either.

He thought maybe Kim didn't save his contact number. 

They are facing each other but not talking. Kim is reading a different book, and Sunghoon is waiting for the right time to speak.

When he had the chance, he started it by clearing his throat, but before he could speak, Kim spoke first.

"I finished the group project; you can just worry about the presentation." Kim put his book down and stared at Sunghoon sternly.

"O-Oh… you didn't have to do that alone, Kim…" Sunghoon said, stuttering.

Kim looked away before saying… "You didn't message me, so I thought you didn't want to participate in doing it and only wanted to present… because that's what our setup is, right? I can't present, and you can." Kim said coldly.

"No, I didn't message you because I accidentally deleted your number…" He didn't accidentally delete it; he deleted it.

He thinks of giving up that weekend, but now that he sees Kim again, he regrets it. He missed talking to the younger even though it was cold, and he missed having a good sleep. He remembers when he started messaging Kim, he began to have a great sleep. 

"Really? How did it happen?" The younger asked, not believing his excuse.

"Believe me, I want to participate in working with you. I just can't contact you anymore." Sunghoon retorted.

"But how did it happen?" Kim asked again as if he was not content with his explanation.

"I don't know…" He looked away.

"And you won't ask for my number again?" that made Sunghoon look back at him.

Kim said it calmly, but he didn't know how he made Sunghoon's heart beat louder and faster. Kim affects his system as if he owns it.

"I-I don't know Kim… We can always talk about the project in person…" Even though he wants to get his number, he doesn't want to be a bother to the younger anymore.

"And you don't want to talk in message?" Kim asked. Sunghoon keeps on sighing as he thinks Kim is testing his patience.

"I don't know…" Sunghoon said, almost whispering.