ㅡ 31.

ㅡ 31. Sweet soul

Sunoo has no idea where to start and if he will tell  Jake why Sunghoon was here earlier in the first place. But should he start by telling him how they became close? 

"I don't know where to start," Sunoo said.

"Why not start with… why Sunghoon was here?" Jake sounded like he didn't mind that Sunghoon was with him. He looks like he just wants to fix Sunoo.

"I don't want to tell you, though," Sunoo said honestly. Jake was Sunghoon's ex-fling. He can't just open up about them.

"Kim, I promise you, I don't have any other intention here! I just wanted to help." Jake reassured him.

"It's not because I don't trust you… I don't want to tell you because you and Sunghoon…" Sunoo can't finish his sentence.

"Kim, I won't tell him, promise! If you're scared… don't be; I will protect you. I know Sunghoon is my friend, but if he did something to you, I won't tolerate it. So tell me." Jake said. He even held the back of Sunoo's hands resting on his lap.

"That's not about that. He went here because he…" Sunoo took his hands off Jake's hold and closed his eyes tightly. "Sunghoon and I just became close… I have a trauma; since birth, I've always been compared to anyone my dad sees. My brother, Heeseung, and other neighbors' children… just everything he can compare me to. But when he died, I felt like I was finally free; I was happy seeing his coffin. I know it's very selfish and just so wrong. I know it's wrong; I swore I'd honor him by taking the med and continuing what he had started. I planned to take med, I have already decided, but Sunghoon came here to tell me I should take culinary."

Jake was nodding at everything he said. He didn't say a thing and looked like he wanted Sunoo to continue, so Sunoo continued.

"After hearing it from Sunghoon, I feel like I was caged again. I snapped and said things I didn't mean. I'm always like that, then later on, I will regret every bit of it." Sunoo is fidgeting with his nails, and Jake instantly catches it. Jake held both of his hands. "I think I hurt Sunghoon. That's why it's a mess here. When I entered my room, I regretted everything. Sunghoon is facing problems too; I should've never told him that…"

"Sunoo… Sunoo!! Look at me; trust me, Sunghoon will understand. Sunghoon is not the kind of person you think he is; he won't take it seriously, trust me."   Jake tries to calm Sunoo down as he is agitated. He constantly shakes his toes and fidgets his hands harder.

"What if he stops talking to me?" Sunoo asks. He's panicking.

It finally shows how scared he is to lose Sunghoon. Sunghoon is not just a person who bothers him every time; Sunghoon is more than that. He also knows that he likes Sunghoon more than Sunghoon likes him for sure.

Jake was taken aback after hearing it, but thinking about the younger, he only thinks Sunoo is lonely. Sunoo experienced bullying, that's why it's hard to trust someone. Sunghoon is probably one of the people he trusts now. That's why he's scared to lose him

"That's not going to happen; I'll talk to Sunghoon later… just calm down," Jake said softly.

Sunoo just heaved a sigh before nodding.

"I understand why you said those things, for sure, Sunghoon too. But I don't blame Sunghoon either. Why do you think Sunghoon said that to you?" Jake asks.

"Because I cooked for him earlier… he complimented my cooking and told me I should take culinary…" Sunoo responded. Thinking about it now, Sunghoon means no harm. "Fck…" Sunoo mumbles. He feels so dumb for being aggressive by Sunghoon's innocent compliment.