ㅡ 21.

ㅡ 21. Keep trying

Park Sunghoon

After lunch, it was like nothing had happened. Sunoo ignored him the whole time. Even on the subject when they had to work as a team, Sunoo worked independently. Sunghoon tried to help, but Sunoo acted like there was nothing he could hear.

And after class, Sunoo left before everybody else. Sunghoon didn't have the chance to explain himself further; he didn't even have the opportunity to say once again and make it straightforward that he wouldn't do it again.

"Let's go to Jake's; we'll go home together," Jungwon said after wiping the board with the help of Jay and Ni-ki.

"Count me in," Ni-ki said as he took his bag from his chair.

"Let's just go together, Hoon," Jay said.

Sunghoon gave him a questioning look. Not because he forgot that he lived with Sunoo but because he didn't know that Sunoo's house was near to his condo building.

"Didn't know we live in the same area..." he whispered. "Sure, Jay."

"But let's go to Jake first," Jay said and followed Jungwon and Ni-ki just outside the classroom, talking about something... for sure, random.

When they arrived at Jake's room, Jake was already waiting for them outside his classroom.

Sunghoon smiled when Jake's eyes darted to him. Jake did the same thing.

"Wow, I miss this..." Jake said while chuckling.

They all giggled. But Sunghoon knows it was because they never got to go home together when Sunghoon was still courting Jake. It's always either Jungwon, Jay, and Ni-ki going home together or Jake and Jungwon or Ni-ki and Jungwon. But never all of them five together. This is the first time in a long time.

"Why didn't we do this again after a long time?" Ni-ki asked.

"Sunghoon and Jake-hyung always fight and don't want to face each other, or Jungwon and I are the ones fighting, that's why..." Jay answered.

"Or I can't go home with you guys because of the org..." Jungwon added.

"Why not make this our usual? Even with a fight, we'll still go home together... if one can't come home because of an errand, we'll wait for the other to finish it." Jake said.

"Yeah, it isn't fair that I'm always waiting for and helping him," Jay said, referring to Jungwon.

"But I always suggest that I'll stay, Jay-Hyung, but you always don't allow me." Said Ni-ki, who's now sulking.

"Ok, Child! You can stay- we'll stay and leave together, starting today." Jay said and laughed at his face.

"We should eat together too..." Sunghoon suggested.

Because he's confident, he won't be eating with Kim and will never dare to try again.

"No, let's not add that, that's tough. I always do my work on breaks... so that won't do." Jungwon said while they were walking in the hallway.

"Let's not do that..." Jake said, slowly catching up on Sunghoon.

"H-How was your day?" Sunghoon asked.

He always remembers before they were a thing, he was always attentive to Jake and will always be the one who checks on him. Because Jake is hardworking, and when he means hard-working, it means hard to the point that he forgets to take care of himself, so it became Sunghoon's priority to check on him.

"I'm working so hard ... but I'm ok..." Jake said.

"Let me carry your bag..." Jake doesn't want to give it because he thinks that Sunghoon is getting worried about him again. "Look, you don't need to be hard on yourself. Let others-let your friend carry some of your loads..."