ㅡ 19.

ㅡ 19. Want

Park Sunghoon

The next day Sunghoon woke up earlier than expected. He was surprised by it too. He fetches his phone and browses through the messages. At times like this, Jake would message him or call him to wake him up but as usual, he won't answer since he couldn't wake up, or he would hang up, but now it is different. He's looking at another name now in his contacts, a different number, a different person. Kim Sunoo.

It's also a different smile curved to his lips. Only a smile for Kim. He's more ecstatic than usual. He's excited to go to school–he was never excited to go to school! That's new.

And to be honest, it was the best sleep he had after a long time. He never knew a good night would help him sleep well.

He got out of bed and went straight to the kitchen. His smile can't even leave his lips while thinking of the new things he's doing. Sunghoon never really eats before going to school since he always has no time for that, but now that he wakes up early, he can make his breakfast.

Cooking was one of his favorite hobbies when he was still a high school student but being a senior high school, who's always been busy, he had long forgotten about it. And it feels nostalgic being in his kitchen chopping onions while frying an egg and sipping on his cup of coffee.

While eating his food, he browsed his bird app to see what was up today. Even the bird app that he only opened once a week before has changed. He can't even sleep now without opening it.

The confusion on Sunghoon's face shows just by scrolling through the comments on Jay's post

The confusion on Sunghoon's face shows just by scrolling through the comments on Jay's post. He didn't see it last night. It was posted last night.

He immediately opened his message to ask, who? Of course, Jungwon. What's Jay doing right now?

He closed his eyes and sighed; his day was getting ruined… immediately. He shook his head and decided to eat fast. His day started great, and it can't be destroyed now. He shakes off the thought of what he sees earlier and reckons to ask Kim later instead of overthinking the situation.

Will his day get even worse?  Jake and Jungwon are on the other end of the hallway! He palmed his face and just walked to them. It's too late to hide now.

"Early today??" Jake said with such a strange voice that he hadn't heard before.

Jungwon, however, was staring at him– no, glaring at him. Sunghoon furrowed and was about to ask Jungwon, but the person of his interest passed by.

"Let's go, hyung…" Jungwon said and softly dragged Jake away from him.

"You don't need to take me to my classroom, won! I have feet, and it's not like it's far!" Sunghoon heard Jake say it along with the sentence, "Go! Go with Sunghoonie! I'm ok, wonie!"

It caught his attention. He looks back to both Jungwon and Jake, and sure enough, Jungwon is glaring at him again.

He was shocked that Jake was still calling him endearingly after he broke his heart. He felt guilty hearing it, and he thought it might make him feel better if he took Jake to the classroom, which would serve as an apology.