Chapter 29

Chapter 29

'Are you really going to trust someone who broke into your house?'

'I don't know, yet.'

'What if he can give you answers?"

'Then yes. I would.' 

'You going to tell Justin?'

'Hell no.'

My mental conversation with myself was interrupted when my phone was ringing. Leaning over to my nightstand I pick it up and looked at the caller ID. I felt a chill run through my body. Justin. I hesitantly answered it. 

"Hello." I asked as if nothing was wrong. I mean, my boyfriend could be considered a murderer. Were those people innocent? What did they do to him?

"Hey babe." He cheered down the phone. "You want to meet some people?"

I raised my eyebrows in curiosity. "Oh, um, who?" It kind of threw me off a bit. 

"Secret. I'll pick you up in twenty." He said. I could tell he was smiling. "Wear a bathing suit." 

"Okay? Bye see you then!" I smiled. As soon as I hung up my smile faded. More than fifty people. As much as I hate to say it, I couldn't wait until that guy comes back to tell me more. I mean, if he has evidence, then how could I not believe him? 'Wear a bathing suit.' 

I got up from my comfy bed and walked over to my closet. Taking off my shirt I threw it in my clothes basket. I picked out a simple white bathing suit and stripped the rest of my body to put it on. I grabbed a pair of white shorts, a lime green crop top with a few designs on it, and last I grabbed a grey over sized cardigan. Who the fuck was I going to impress? 'Justin.' I could just feel my subconscious raising her eyebrows. Slipping on a pair of flip-flops I grabbed my phone and small clutch and made my way downstairs.

"Mom! I'm going out with Justin!" I said stomping down the steps. No response.

"Mom?" I asked going into the kitchen. I looked around and didn't see a trace of her. I noticed her keys were gone. I then spotted what looked like a note on the fridge. Walking over to it, I snatched it up reading it.

I went out for dinner with Jenny. I'll be back ASAP. If you need anything, call!- Mom

How the hell did I not here her leave? What the hell, I'm gonna be eighteen. I the heard a car horn beep outside. I saw a white Ferrari. How many cars does he have? I threw away the note and opened the front door. Justin sat there with sunglasses on tapping his hand on the steering wheel. I could barely see him though because of how dark his tint was. Locking the door and turning around I jogged towards his car. He got out before I reached it and opened my door. 

"Can be tricky at first." He said. I smiled at him getting in and shutting it. He got back in and reved up the engine. 

"Where are we going and who are we meeting?" I asked turning to him. 

"You'll see when we get there. It's not that far trust me." He said. I took a moment to observe him. He was in a pair of shorts, had a black v-neck on, a necklace, and as always a hat on backwards. Reaching into my clutch I pulled out my sunglasses getting tired of the sun blazing in my eyes. Looking ahead, I noticed a familiar pathway.