Chapter 48

Chapter 48

"Listen, I'm sorry for what happened."

I looked up from my food into Zander's blue eyes. 

"It's fine," I said taking a bite of this cake my mom made. Which is weird because there is no special occasions going on, and she can't even cook that well. But this a cake mix, so it does taste okay. 

"No. It's not," He said. 

"God you're exactly like him! Just shut up!" I said raising my voice. I rolled my eyes and then I saw Zander smirking. "What?" I spat. 

"Wait, you guys are fighting?" He raised one eyebrow. 

"Don't get any ideas," I narrowed my eyes at him. "It's nothing big, just we had a disagreement," I said remembering a few days ago. 

"About what?" 

"Like I'm gonna tell you," I pushed his arm. 

"C'mon, what's the big deal. It's not like I even talk to him," He said casually. I picked up the scent of cologne on him. Abercrombie and Fitch to be exact. Figures. I thought about it and fuck, YOLO. Okay, I did not just say that. 

"It's just that, he always keeps secrets from me. I mean, I had to learn about his Hannah Montana double life from you. And it's always his way or the highway, but he would say the same about me. And then it's always 'Oh it's nothing that concerns you'," I put on my best man voice for that. "Or 'I can't tell you blah blah blah'. It's like come on, I think I deserve to know when he drags me to places that I don't even want to be at! And-"

"-Okay, I think I get it. I kept it from you and you're fine with me," He shrugged his shoulders.

"I know, but I can't stay mad at you. But with him...ehh not so much," I ate the last bite of the acke and pushed the plate away. I stared out into nothing and just realized what I said about him. I mean I an get mad at him but can I stay mad at him? 

"I think maybe he's just trying not to scare you," Zander started to type on his phone. 

"Me? Scared? I've been through hell and back. I'm not scared of anything..." 

"I've been through hell and back too, you know," He typed on his phone again. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Who are you texting?" I asked looking at his phone screen, but he clicked the off button before I could see any names. 

"Like I'm gonna tell you," He mocked in a girly voice. 

"I don't sound like that!" I defended. I don't, do I? 

"Whatever," He smiled. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something then he closed it.