2 dead 4 life

-four weeks later-
Nathan's (Johnny's dad) POV:
It's been three weeks since I've seen my son.
Three long weeks.
So here I am watching the news, praying for a call. A sign. A anything.

News:
Twenty-two boys have been found from the Red Missing Rain case all have one thing in common. Sexual orientation. Only ten were found alive.

My heart dropped, I didn't hear the rest because I got in my car so fast.

I called Joey to see if he was at the hospital yet.

"Do you think they're okay?" He answered fast and worried. Weren't we all?

"Slim chance and my son's pregnant so probably not." I let that sink in.

My son's pregnant, probably not.

"Hey, I made it to the hospital. I'll see you in a second." He hung up and left me and my thoughts to zoom away.

Please let him be one of the lucky ones. Please please.

I get out and go straight in looking. I sign some papers and get sent to a room.

My baby.

He's skinny, and tired. He looks like a worn out piece of fabric that ready get thrown away.

His nurse comes up to me, "he's sleeping. He passed out from anxiety, malnourishment, and exhaustion, his baby is still alive and is being monitored."

I give her a small smile as she walks off.

I walk up to him petting his soft hair, he looks like a child again. My child.

"Hey Andie." I let myself cry because there's not shit in here to judge me, "I know you're tired and Daddy's gonna let you rest. He wants you to be happy, you know that right? I love you so much. And I'm so happy your here. I really am. I missed you. I missed you so so much." I give his cheek a kiss. Missing the little angel he was before he got stolen.

And just as if this can't get any crazier, the door opens. And here in tears is my wife. Ya'know. The one I tried to leave for the safety of my son?

She opens her arms and I hug her like I haven't hugged someone in years, because recently weeks have felt like years.

We cry and cry and cry.

"I tried I did I really did. And then I found out what happened at his school and I got terrified. I haven't seen his in months, but I can't lose him Thanyale he's my baby... he's my baby." I held my wife like how you're supposed to hold people you love. I can tell she did try, because she's sober right now.

"I know, I know." I kiss the top of her head.

Karl's (Steve's Dad) POV:
My son looked beaten passed his wits, tired, sad, and sorry. He had three ribs, four fingers, his left ankle, and his right forearm broken.

When they found him he was dead. They had to bring him back to us. Our son.

Our family is in a stuck place and I don't know how to get us out.

His little sister is in seventh grade and she's been waiting on him. Same with my wife, me. We've all been waiting.

And now he's almost gone. almost done.

He's nearly brain dead and barely alive. It's almost time to go.

I almost got to see him graduate.

Almost.

I was holding Brantley because at the age of thirteen, her big brother was her hero. He taught her how to kick her first soccer ball and when me and Cel said 'no', he would let her paint his nails, and his face. And he was okay with it because she was smiling.

My wife is in the chair next to him talking to him. Waiting for the response that's not coming.

"Dad why isn't he awake?" She knows the answer to that, but I can tell she is searching for comfort in her sobs.

"Because he's hurting." Is all I have to say.

"How can he stop hurting?"

"I don't know, baby. Only time will tell." That seems to make her cry harder. And at this point that what I want to do too. Cry and cry until maybe I start to believe that it's fixing any of my problems.

Sarah's (Pony's Mom) POV:
"Mo-mmy." I ran into my baby's arms, letting him cry. PonyBoy was sleep, but Soda was awake.

He was frail and weak, but alive.

I kissed him and kissed him, like he wasn't seventeen, like he was my little pop. My little boy.

"I'm so happy you're alive Oda, I'm so so happy to see you. Mommy's missed you so much. Me and your dad both. We've wanted our babies back." I sob feeling my husband kiss my neck and put a hand in my shoulder.

"I'm so happy he's up." Joey whispers. I was too.

Sure he was slipping in and out of consciousness but at least he can do a little.

I heard the door open.

"Are they okay?"

I nearly fall over trying to run, "no they're not okay. They're malnourished, beaten, skinny, abused, and probably traumatized, but thank you so much for coming home. Thank you, thank you."

"Of course Mama." Darry gave me a small kiss on the top of my head before going to see his brothers.

I don't think I know a better big brother than Darry.
Especially in a time like this when we all need one.

Michella's (Johnny's mom) POV:
His eyes fluttered open and he stared back up at us.

I've been waiting to see him forever now. And I'm so happy I'm here.

He makes a scared noise before beginning to cry.

"You're okay, baby. I'm fine. Mom's a lot better now." I kiss his forehead and rub his hands, so that he relaxes. His worries calm and so do mine. I really just want my son back. And it's gonna be awhile until normal is back, but until then.

Just my son is enough.

-sad ass chapter😕... they're parents thoughts make me never want to do anything ever again😭 it's so depressing wtf anyway gn😊-