2 broken 4 'fixing'

-the next day-
Cellee's (Steve's Mom, btw her name is pronounced Kelly) POV:
Locked-In

He's alive and awake, but he's Locked-In.

It means he can't do anything, but look up, down, and blink. They don't think he's gonna come back either. Ten percent chance.

They got Soda moved into his room so that he doesn't have to feel alone when we're not there, but we all took the day off to be here, and their school is closed today too.

It's still morning,
he's still getting fed through his feeding tube,
he still can't move,
his bones are still broken,
his friends are still waiting,
he still can't talk, and
I still miss my son.

"Hey Stevie." It hurts to see how sad this makes my daughter. It hurts to see him like this.

He's able to look at her and his eyes look sad. His eye  lids are the only thing he can move, so his facial expressions and emotions are unknown.

As she talked I thought about the other twelve.
The twelve that didn't make it out alive.

The police said all the dead ones were beaten or had internal bleeding. I reckon they had been punished for whatever had happened in that hell hole.

Those ten that took their innocent classmates to 'fix' them are in jail. Hopefully for execution. They deserve to go places for bad people.
What they did was disgusting.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a voice, "Mrs. Randle?" It was Soda. He was a darling, a sweet kid, that was outgoing and fun. I hate when bad things happen to good people.

"Yes, baby?" I look over.

"Where's my brother?" He looked as though he was going to cry.

"Aw I don't know, I can ask your parents to come in here and tell you about him? Does that sounds alright?" I want him to be as comfortable as possible things weren't super easy for him either.

His right ankle was broken, he was tired, skinny, and bruised. He seemed mentally ready to go. Like his fight was over, but not.

"Please." He blinks slowly.

I go to get his parents, and they come in too. I didn't know his other brother was here.

He starts crying and reaches his arms out a little, Darry coming to fill him with his warmth.

"I'm happy you're really up. I'm happy you look better." He wipes Soda's eyes.

"How's Pony?"

His face seems to drop in way that not really what you wanna see when you ask about someone.

He looks back before answering.

"He's unresponsive."

I saw Soda's heart drop as he looked back in Darry's sad eyes, "what do you mean?"

"He's away and he can move, but he can't talk. It might be from shock, or fear, but he can't talk right now." He said it like he was questioning it.

Soda begin to sob, "you know this is all my fault?" He sniffed.

"What?"

"If I wouldn't have told anyone about Johnny being pregnant or Pony being the dad. This wouldn't have happened, and everyone would still be okay."

The room went silent and we just let him cry like how he needed to before Darry hugged him again.

"Nobody told them to kidnap y'all though. You couldn't control any of that. Nobody told them to harm any of you, or kill nineteen people."

"How is it nineteen?" Soda frowned.

"The girls were found in another place about a mile or two out from y'all. Seven died and there were twenty." Darry explained.

Brantley turned around with a look of horror in her eyes, "he's crying." She croaked, she was crying too.

When I saw her go over in my husband's arms, I looked over. He was crying.

I went and wiped his still face but more tears poured from his eyes as he blinked slow and tiredly. He was really crying, but silently, and with out movement.

"I know, I know." I actually had no idea. But I held him like I did know and that's what matters.

"Have you seen the stuff people have been posting about y'all on insta?" Darry started.

"No." Soda sighed.

Darry begin showing him. I had seen some of it. It was basically other students talking about how the missed.

"Who all passed?" Soda questioned.

"Lucas Clover, Robby Morgan, Conan Hernandez, Dakota Walker, Jack Rogers, Derek Chen, Anthony Aaron, Harry Jackson, Harvey Jackson, Mark Wilson, and then the seven girls, Avery Kole, Naomi Richardson, Mackenzie Loo, Anna-May McKarmen, Stacy-Lynn Brown, Heaven Flower, and Kacye Kalis."

Soda looked lost, bad memories probably.

"I know bud." Joey whispered.

"I don't even know how they found out half of them were gay. A lot of people hid it. They must've gotten tricked into talking." He decided. He still had that worried look of fear on his face.

This was when I realized Steve was no longer crying, and I like it that way. I can't stand to see him like this, broken and in tears.

Michella's POV:
"Do you know how the baby's doing?" I rubbed his stomach.

"It's alive I know that, but I don't know if it's fine. Supposed to be eight weeks old now." He was tired an worn. I hope those ten get everything they deserve.

"That's good." I take a moment to let the silence consume me.

"Mom, do you think things will ever be normal again?"

"With nineteen dead, and the other twenty-three like this. Probably in a long long time. A long long time." I answered.

"Have you heard from you boyfriend?" I look into his puppy eyes, and they look back at me. In a frightened way.

"No, but I heard that he's not really talking and I see why. I lot of things went down that I don't think any of us needed to hear." He looked shaken.

"You don't have to talk about it. They already have the little satans that did it so nobody's gonna ask you a thing." I soothe. I don't want him thinking he has to say anything.

I hear Thanyale walk back in, "I checked on the other nine and let me tell you. You're one of the best off."

"Really?" I whip my head around.

"Really. Chase broke both his ankles and legs, supposed to get them amputated. Tony is still heavily on a ventilator. Marvin and Raymond are in a coma. Brad has an internal bleeding issue. You know Pony can't talk, they think he's having bad PSTD or a different mental issue, Soda broke his right ankle and he's concussed, and Steve has LIS."

"What's LIS?" Johnny looked concerned and invested.

"Locked-In Syndrome. He can't move from his eyes down but he's fully conscious." Thanyale explained.

"Ya'know they said they'd go easy on me because I was pregnant. And they did. They really did. They let me eat more, and they didn't beat me as much. And it was all less physical. But it still hurt. I still saw.
I still heard." I almost don't even wanna know what happened.

That's all he's told me so far and I already feel sick.

Please God. Heel these children.

-I hate writing hospital crap, cuz it's so boring sometimes. See yalll laterrrr-