2 stupid 4 slices

(June 24th, Tuesday, 5:09m)
Soda's POV:
Me and Steve both thought it was a good idea to get a job for the summer unless we're just gonna stay broke. So we now work at the Crumbl Cookie that we ate from a few weeks ago, and somehow we're full-timers but only work four days a week. But hey. I'm not complaining.

At the moment we've just finished dinner at my house and we're gonna go bother my brother. My little brother of course, Darry's an angel. Totally...

He's laughing at his phone when we scurry on up to him, "What's so funny, brother?"  I give him my stupid ass smile.

He shielded his phone from me and side-eyes us hard, "what do you want from me?"

"Your soul!" Me and Steve make our voices deep and hold out our hands.

"ReHeHaHeHaHa!" Steve laughs.

My attempt to snatch his phone fails and we tug for it until we both just silliy roll around on the floor.

Steve's tickling him and he's laughing like a straight lunatic.

"Poof!" Steve yanks him but his waist and walks in circles.

I'm now laughing too because I'm getting drug across the floor because he's stilling holding his damn phone.

I tug and he tugs and I growl and he growls. And somehow we end up barking at each other like damn dogs.

"What is-" Dad furrows his eyebrows and we all go silent.

He lets out a sigh and then a giggle, "never mind." He waves us all off, and Steve drops Pony straight on top of me.

He straight up chucks his phone and lays here.

"The fuck you think this is?" I shrug but don't do anything.

"Might as well take a nap." He's pale little hand slide under my back and his knees tug up.

I sit myself up but somehow he holds on.

"Aw look at y'all." Steve pouts.

I stand up and throw him off of me and onto his bed. "Fine then. I'll go nap with my real brother."

"I'm your real brother." I roll my eyes.

He pushes my face with his hand and keeps walking.

"Can't do anything with teenagers these days." Steve shakes his head like he's someone's mom.

We plop down on Pony's bed before I speak again, "I really don't know what I'm gonna do next year."

"What do you mean?"

"School. Without you." I look over at him. School is always one of my many worries, but the thought of it without Darry and now Steve haunts me. I'm gonna have to use Mr. Smartass for help. Which basically means I'm a complete dumbass and I should just go cry in a hole somewhere with a piece of paper on my face that says 'dumbass'.

"Soda sometimes I think you put yourself at a lower level than you think. You haven't had to redo a grade like Maggie, and you're in a ed regular class."

I want to believe him, but Steve is the guy where the only thing stopping him from being valedictorian is his ego and the fact he was too caught up in being a hoe.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean that I'm not stupid. That just means our school system has let me make it this far." I look away because I don't wanna see his face. His emotions are always on it. And sometimes I feel like a big fat disappointment to him. I know he probably doesn't think that, but I can.

"The day you stop calling yourself stupid will finally be the day that you're smart." Here he goes with these corny ass quotes. Why can't people just leave stupid alone?

"I'm not gonna lie to myself if I-"

"Well dammit, sometimes you have to lie to yourself." His tone stays calm but what he's saying gets more aggressive. Proves me right, I am a disappointment.

"Sometimes." He gives one of those hefty sighs that old people give in movies. "You have to leave yourself alone. Stop attacking Soda, don't you think he's tired of you? You need to gain some self respect."

Funny he said 'gain' I've never had much to begin with. 

Brantley's POV:
Do you ever just feel like social media is hell? That's what I'm feeling right now. Is this why teenagers are always so depressed? Does this happen when you go to eighth grade?

I was scrolling through instagram and ended up tossing my phone and crying.

Steve told me I shouldn't use social media much, but I can't help it, all my friends are... I was only on there for a little while, but so much happened.

I literally posted swimsuit pics from the vacation and the comments on all most every single one are a long list of calling me names, guessing my age, and roasting my figure.

So obviously after my cry, I went to eat dinner which was pizza. Mom and Dad had already eaten and Steve wasn't gonna be home until the morning, so there were still four slices left.

I ate all of them. I made myself eat all of them. Maybe when I'm thicker someone will really like me. Everyone. Not just Lansy, nice people. Cool people.

First my head pounded then my stomach. I was shaking when I was done eating. I normally eat two slices maybe. Four had me feeling like I was gonna die.

So here I am throwing my gust out into my bathroom toilet praying mom and dad don't hear me.

"Guess who's ba-" He lets out a huge gasp.

"No no. No no no no no no." I end up sobbing and flush the toilet and try to sprint past him.

He catches me by my arm, and I slap him across the face.

But he's fine. He's fucking fine, "what happened?" I hate him. I could kill him. I could scoop those concerned eyes straight out his head.

"It's none of your business, leave me alone." I would scream if our stupid parents weren't here. I kinda repeated that angry cycle of growling and sobbing until I faded out into a goopy puddle on his chest.

"I went they my instagram comments and they all said I was too small. So ate a lot more than I usually do, and I made myself sick." I shrug and I'm happy we're hugging because I don't wanna see him.

"Hey don't post anything on there for a while. The comments will eat you alive." He says it sternly so I'm listening to that warning.

We go silent for a second before I ask my big question. The huge one that lives by my soul.

"Why do you care so much? Like about me? About everyone? We're just freaking people."

It goes silent for a while before he answers, "Because when our parents cared about me.
They saved my life."

-hope y'all liked this. I feel like I wrote it quick as hell, gn 🫶-