2 crumbly 4 leaving

-Same day, like an hour later-
Johnny's POV:
Okay me and Pony wanted to pack our day today, so after the gender reveal we went to the lake. I know it's still not that hot and it might be business, but that's okay.

It's beautiful here, and somehow at three pm, it's not that busy.

Twenty-weeks. I don't know if I said that already or not. Pony worships his daughter and she's not even here. Like, right now I don't have a shirt on, cause duh. And he's leaving kisses all over her.

Finally I give him a shove and he topples over, soaking himself in lake water.

He smirks at me, "Did you forget you would fall over even easier?" He picks me up, and slings me into the water. I laugh when I come up, now we're both soaked and it's kinda cold. Because it's really not that hot.

He then picks me up again, but this time like how other guys pick up their wives. His beautiful pregnant wife he loves so very much.

I giggle at the thought.

"What's so funny?" He questions.

"Nothing, just you being cute." I stare back hun getting the same one he's getting as he sets me down, blush creeping across his face.

I kiss at his cheeks, his face getting redder as he laughs.

"Johnny... stop." He takes my waist pulling me closer, that doesn't mean stop.

After this he tilts my chin up asking for a kiss on his lips. I can't with him.

"I think it's cute how you beg for stuff." I run my lips across his, and our noses.

He smiles a little, I can tell he's embarrassed. He looks away.

I make him look back at me, my thumb going across his lips. They're so plump, like he's always ready for a kiss.

I lean in before coming back out, he whimpers. He's almost sweat in at this point.

"I'm gonna give it to you soon. You're just so hot when you make your little noises." I run my hands through his wet hair, and he makes another noise.

I finally give him his kiss, and he body lets go of all its tingles, they shoot through me too. Contagious.

"Johnny." A voice calls. I'm still not really used to her being nice to me, I so come as soon as I hear her, preparing for the worst.

"Hey mom." She pats a spot on the ground next to her, so I sit.

"Um... your dad wants me to talk to you about something, and it's really important because I basically ruined your childhood..." she doesn't look at me, and she trails of as she cries.

I feel my tears falling too because I shouldn't just sit here like this. I should hug her and tell her it's okay like how any other boy would. But she's right, she did ruin my childhood.

"As you know, since you were about six or seven, I've been really addicted. To a point where I couldn't take care of you how I should've, or take care of myself how I should've. And I'm not saying this is an excuse for neglect, or for making my husband hate me, but it was around that age me and your dad started trying for another baby. When it didn't work, I started going down a path. Making your dad leave, beating you because of my own anger, barely making it to work, barely making it back home with my only real baby. Almost divorcing the only person that still cared about me. But anyway what I'm trying to say to you is that, after our vacation week on Saturday. I'm going to rehab. Things have gotten better, but years worth of addiction isn't gonna fix itself. I'm sorry baby."

She finally looks over at me, sobs escaping from me this whole time. I didn't even know. She gives me a hug that makes me feel like I'm five again. I feel like our whole relationship has just been on pause for all these years. The past ten years has just been a huge blur of alcohol and sadness and finally redemption. Rehabilitation.

"Mommy's sorry." She sobs, "I know, I know. I got sad and just forgot all about my most important baby. I wanna get better for all of us, for her." She puts her hand on my belly, "I don't wanna keep being absent, so this is gonna be the last time. The very last time."

I still haven't said anything, and she kisses my cheek before pulling away. Am I mad? I don't know. Maybe in shock? I'm almost relieved to know that it was all for a reason. I thought she was just a bad person, but she sounds depressed.

"Mom?" My voice sounds scared, but I'm not. I don't think?

"Yes?"

"Why didn't you just tell me you were upset?"

She looked back out and away, I could tell that she was still off somewhere in the past, hoping she could redo the last decade of her life.

"When I first miscarried you were six. And then I kept miscarrying, and I never knew when would be a good time to let you in on what happened. In my head you've been six forever, and then out of nowhere I finally opened my fucking eyes. And we were here." He lets out a breath, like she really hadn't breathed in years.

As stupid as it sounds, I pity her.

Soda's POV:
We didn't go with Pony and Johnny to the lake because it's not even that hot. And it's a freaking Monday, we can find something better to do.

So here we are being the freaking taste testers of the year.

We're in my car, and we just came out with six fresh Crumbl Cookies, recording ourselves eating them.

The first one we try is the chocolate chip.

"Boring, hard to mess up, but warm and soft. Nine out of ten." I look to see his answer.

"Yeah, eight out of ten cause it's kinda basic." He's already picking up the next one. Chocolate Green Mint.

Steve is so dramatic, spitting it out with a disgusted frown, "it tastes like toothpaste!"

I'm able to finish my bite, but I'm not taking another, it does taste like really sweet toothpaste, "five out of ten, the chocolate is like an Oreo, but the mint taste like I'm at the dentist because my teeth fell out and I got diabetes."

"Two out of ten. The first thing I tasted was toothpaste." Steve is harsh not gonna lie, but I mean. They're just cookies.

The next one we eat is Oatmeal Mallow Sandwich.

I let out a relieved sigh, this one tastes like being a kid, "it tastes just like an oatmeal cream pie. And it's warm, I'm sold. Nine out of ten."

"It's a little too sweet for me, and I don't love oatmeal cream pies so... six-point-five out of ten." Steve is lowkey picky about sweets.

The next cookie is Peanut Butter Munch.

"Seven out of ten. It has a lot going on, I don't even know what I'm eating, but it's pretty fucking good." I nod.

"Eight-point-five out of ten. The chocolate with the peanut butter tastes like a Reese cup cookie, and I'm so here for it." Steve eats half of that one, finally a okay rating.

After that we eat Dark Dream.

I nearly fall into heaven, we both eat the whole thing, well the half that we each have.

"Ten out of ten, chocolate always wins." He said that perfectly.

"Yes." I smile.

The last one is Caramel Apple.

We eat up that one too, "ten out of ten! I need another." I lick my fingers.

"Me too. Actually probably not unless my stomachs will fall apart." I giggles.

I laugh. This was a sweet outing, literally.

- hey guys, I'm currently on fall break so I'm probably gonna post more. Also I read almost every comment that gets made on my post, so please don't say anything rude or just not-nice in general. I will see it, and I try to listen to the things you guys say. I understand that as I gain popularity there will be mean comments along the way. Despite this, I'm just writing for fun, so if you see something you don't like please just stop reading from my account. Anyway, Ty for the rest of you! 🫶-