2 college 4 high school

SURPRISE MF (I told y'all it would be a while lol)
(August 6th, Sunday, 12:25pm)
Steve's POV:
Everything is pouring down and I'd be shitting myself if I said me, Branty, and Soda didn't all cuddle up in my bed last night. And I'd be really shitting you if I said I didn't cry when I got ready today. Right now me and Soda are driving back to his house to say goodbye to Pony, and so his parents can come with us. Darry left last week, so we've all already been through this program.

I get there and Mrs. Curtis answers the door like how she always does. She smiles but starts crying, "You know where he is. First door on the right." She falls apart in my arms and her words muffle.

We just stand here in the doorway and just cry before I can talk again, "I love you, Mrs. Curtis." I sigh.

She pulls away, "I know you do, Steve you're like the fourth son I never asked for. Eating up all my damn spaghetti when the rest of my family was tired of it. Falling in love with my wild child and somehow taming him. Teaching my kids all sorts of shit I didn't even they wanted to know. Look I'm getting this all out now so that when we get there I can just say bye. It's not gonna help anyway cause that's the hard part." She giggles.

I just sniff. I'm gonna miss her babbling.

Once she moves away Pony comes into sight, "I still don't like you. I don't think ever will. Which is why I'm not going with you for your little drop off, because when you don't get back in the car to come back. I'm scared I'll start crying or something..."

"Aw Pony." Never in a million years did I think I would end up crying with a crying Ponyboy Curtis in my arms. But I guess, it's been a million years.

After he scoots away and falls with his mom, Mr. Curtis comes and hugs me, "I never thought I'd see the day you grew up. But here we are, Steve."

"Here we are." He lets go and I turn back around. I think it's time to go.

Me, Mom, Dad, and Branty all get in Moms car. Me, Mom, and Branty all get in the back seat. Squeezed together and crying. Soda drove my car there.

"I'm so happy I only have two kids because I can't do this shit too many times." Dad was crying as he drove.
Dad was crying.

And Mom was falling apart at my chest, she's so small I could've forgotten about her.
If I remembered too.

The car ride was quiet. No sobs, just cry's and sniffles and music. Bubbly by Colbie Caillat. Golden Hour by JVKE. Hey, Soul Sister by Train.
Old shit we still wanna hear.

When we get there we silently take my stuff out of my car and set up my half of the room. Yeah, this school is so big that you get a roommate, but because I don't know anyone I didn't get to choose my roommate. I just got half a room.

When we're done I turn around and look back at everyone standing in front of the door. This is literally my whole family. My loves, kissing me goodbye this time. I choose to start easy and get hard.

I start with Mr. Curtis, "thank you for letting me live part time in your house and steal your son." I hug him again.

"Anytime, Randle." He walks off and his wife comes in exchange.

"I'm not gonna say anything else because I don't think need too." We hug, and cry and cry until finally  she pulls away and rubs my arms, "Be sweet, baby."

"Okay." I feel like a little primary school kid when they do something bad.

I feel my hands go cold and now my dad is in front of me. He takes my shoulders and kisses the top of my head, "Be a man, Randy. I didn't raise you for nothing." He hugs me like a baby which doesn't help.