three | memory box

⚠️ Trigger warnings about almost EVERYTHING read with caution ⚠️

𝑺𝒐𝒏𝒈: 𝑴𝒖𝒎 - 𝑳𝒖𝒌𝒆 𝑯𝒆𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

age 6

"Nice job, kiddo." Asa praised the little fighter in front of him.

She never ceased to amaze him.
She threw punches and kicks almost as good as his best fighters. Men five times her size. She had the spirit, and she had the heart, too.

He finally started to feel he did make the right decision of training her.

It's only been two months since he found her in that alley. Two months of taking care of her. And a month of trying to take custody of her.

It wasn't looking like the last part was working out in his favor, but he was determined and didn't give up easily.

"Go run another lap and then rest. I will get your water bottle." Asa said, and Lia started sprinting around the ring. Her two small pigtails flopped around in the air. Peaking through her fighting helmet.

He stayed there admiring her. How excited she was. How she giggled and how happy she was. How her life turned around and despite everything she put a smile on her face.

As he was going to get her water bottle from the bench, his phone vibrated next to it.

Gideon Hale

He quickly picked up, expecting good news from the lawyer he hired to go over the custody case.

"Hello, Mr Hale." He greeted.
"Good morning, Mr Rodriguez."
"Is there anything new regarding the case?" He hoped for good news. He even prayed.
"I'm sorry to inform you that after the personal details and psychological tests you underwent, the adoption center has deemed you unfit to adopt Lia."
"You are joking, right?" It had to be a joke.
"By the end of the week, Mrs Ross will come and collect the child."
"She is a human being, not a thing to come and collect!" He tried not to yell but failed.
"I'm sorry, Mr. Rodriguez, but there is not much to be done at this point."

They would come and take the light from his life in three days.

"There has to be something. Someway! What if I talk to the judge myse-" The line went dead.

He was looking at his phone one second and at the broken pieces of it the next.

The whole gym became silent, but the ringing in his ears increased with every passing second.