ten | the beginning of chaos

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐒𝐨𝐟𝐭 𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐥 - 𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Within the next two hours, Roman had signed all the necessary documents to take me under his care

Within the next two hours, Roman had signed all the necessary documents to take me under his care. And Rosalyn Midnight was officially Rosalyn Morelli.

I couldn't describe how I felt. I was happy but at the same time, I was cautious. I was wary of all the new people that would come into my life by the end of the day. All thirteen of them. (Minus Roman.) There were too many people for me to handle. Too many emotions, reactions, feelings.

"Lia?" Rosalyn spoke sitting on her bed.

"Yeah?" I answered looking at her above the mattress.

I had managed to place it in a way that it stayed vertically and it didn't topple over.

What did I use? The fucking sling!!!

To hell with it.

"Will we get back here?" she asked concerned.

"No, no we won't!" I said and I meant it. "because even if we do, it won't be at the orphanage." I walked towards her bed and sat next to her.

It would be at our own place under my name once I turned eighteen in a couple of months.

I had a feeling that it wouldn't be necessary. And I hoped that feeling was true for once about these things.

The last six or seven (I've lost count of them) foster homes were absolutely wonderful.

"Promise?" she looked at me and extended her middle finger.

"I promise!" intertwined mine with hers.

We had our own style of pinky promise.

When we were twelve and Imani was thirteen, we bought a stick-and-poke tattoo kit. And tattooed our middle fingers. Nothing extravagant or anything bold. Just three small little five points stars. One for each one of us. It was on the inside of the middle finger under the second knuckle.

Asa had a blast...

Instead of using our pinkies, we used our middle fingers. The once we tattooed.

And with that promise, we continued gathering our things.

𖤓

Once I finished packing and zipped my suitcase, I helped Rose with hers.

"Just pull!" Rose insisted.

"What do you think I'm doing here?" I huffed.

"Pull harder!" She exclaimed pushing all her weight back and forth.

"Are you kidding me? I have one functioning arm at the moment."

"That wasn't what you were saying before." She snapped and I glared at her.