forty-eight | thunderstruck

Trigger warnings: past trauma, child abuse and PTSD

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐭 - 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤

The store was out of bleach so I got a small punnet of strawberries for the road

The store was out of bleach so I got a small punnet of strawberries for the road. As I walked through the streets of New York I listened to some music from my airpods.

I fetched my phone from my pocket to change the song. When the piano version of Interstellar started playing I checked the time and turned it off. It was somewhat early. Only a few minutes after nine-thirty.

Just as I placed it in my jacket's inner pocket the damn thing rang. Clicking my right airpod I answered.

Mateo: he is trying to kill me!

He screamed causing me to wince. He sounded as if he was standing right in front of me.

Me: then let him Mateo!

Mateo: tell me what to do!

Me: who is chasing you, Mateo?

Mateo: I am too young to die. My face is too pretty to be mutilated.

Me: your face is ugly, maybe letting him will fix it.

His gasp was louder than his previous scream.

Mateo: if my life wasn't on the line right now I would reply accordingly but your fucking dog is trying to eat me. He said followed by a small meow.

And suddenly everything made sense and I burst out laughing. A few people turned and looked at me weirdly but I dismissed them.

Me: where are you, idiot?

Mateo: stay back you demon! Ahhh! On the fucking counter in the kitchen.

I laughed even more.

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall.

Me: good stay there

I said and hung up.

His scream was heard from miles away.

I grabbed my phone once again and opened my contacts. When I found Levi's I pressed call and placed my phone in my pocket once more.

Levi: did you miss me already?

His tome was happy. And a few other voices were speaking behind him.

Me: Nah, you won't believe what happened actually.

Levi: let me guess, does it involve a rat, a dog, and an idiot? Because the camera footage I'm watching with the idiot's triplets is gold. Pure gold.

I chuckled.

Me: he is on the counter scared shitless.

Levi: he will live. I will send you the video later.