eight | package deal

This is a part of a double update. Read chapter seven first.

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐧! - 𝟒𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

The lights inside the orphanage were all out

The lights inside the orphanage were all out. Not even a shadow was moving. The only lights were the ones out on the street.

I parked the car and exhaled.

I had a feeling I wanted to suppress. I would rather be pessimistic and accept defeat than be optimistic and face failure. That's how I worked. Overthinking was written in my DNA. I thought of everything. Every possible outcome of every scenario. That was why my mafia was at the top. I was ten steps ahead of everything I could control.

Except her.

She was a factor I wasn't expecting, but I would be here for. I didn't know what to say to her if I saw her inside the building. How would she react to having a family? Brothers, sisters, cousins. How would she react to me? I hadn't the slightest idea, but I opened the car door anyway.

Ciro followed, and we walked toward the front door.

"We will find her!" He fist-bumped my shoulder.

I was reaching for the door handle, but the door opened before I had the chance to grab it. There in the dark room stood the blonde girl. What was her name?

Rosalyn.

She had a huge smile on her face.

"You are back!" She exclaimed, trying to what seemed like pushing someone back?

"We thought of checking one more time before we left," Ciro answered her.

I peered inside but couldn't make out anything. It was too dark. However, what caught my attention was the second shadow beside Rosalyn, created by the rays of light from outside.

"Can you come to the back?" Rosalyn said, looking at the door behind her with uneasiness. I noted that was the door the headmaster came out of when we first came here "But be quiet."

"Yeah, sure!" Ciro said while looking at me.

The door closed, and I was left more confused than I had ever been before.

"Let's go to the back then," I said and started walking toward the side of the building.

Once we turned the corner, we both stopped when the growling started.

I heard it before I saw it.

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea!" Ciro said. Staring at the beast in front of us.

"You think?" I fired back, looking at a full black Doberman, which was growling at us. His brown eyes looked red. It looked fucking possessed snarling at us.

"You have a Doberman, what do we fucking do?"

"How should I know? Nova isn't mine it's Levi's dog, and she wouldn't hurt a fly." I snapped back at him.