twenty-three | broken bonds

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 : 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 - 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐎𝐧 (𝐋𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐬)

this is a part of a double update read ch 22 first!

December 5th three years ago...

On the winter night of December 5th three gunshots echoed in the dim alley.

She only fired twice.

She should have one more bullet in the eight-round revolver.

She looked at Imani. Her white t-shirt changed into the deepest red Lia had ever seen.

She didn't know what to do. How to react.

She froze.

Lia snapped out of her trance when Imani's knees buckled from underneath her. She threw the gun and ran up to her.

She held her in her arms and felt the blood pooling on her shirt. She was bleeding too much.

"No no no no no..." she pleaded and for the first time in her life she prayed.

"You are okay. You are okay." Lia caressed Imani's cheeks leaving blood trails behind.

"Li... It- it's ok." Imani choked out. "You will be okay," she said, and her eyes watered at the sides. "I love you Li. Tell-" her mouth started filling with blood. Too much to speak.

"Don't speak. Do you hear that?" Lia referred to the sirens. "Help it coming. Just hang in there. For me. Do it for me."

Imani reached and cupped her cheek to stop her from franticly trying to stop the bleeding.

"Tell Rose and Asa, I love them. Be there for each other." She coughed and some blood trailed from the corner of her mouth.

"I love you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

They wanted me. Lia thought.

They wanted to take me.

She was innocent. Imani was innocent.

"It's not your fault," Imani said lowly.

Her breathing was coming hard now.

The bullet pierced between her heart and lung.

"I kn-knew. I've known for t-two months now that you joined the devils."

Lia sobbed harder. She wanted to tell her. She was going to. If only she had more time.

"I was supposed to keep you from any harm. It wasn't supposed to happen. This was not supposed to happen."

"Don't cry..." Imani caressed Lia's tears away. "I will always be with you." Imani coughed harder and Lia hugged her tighter. One hand on the bullet wound to stop the bleeding.