forty | yellow

Trigger warnings: past trauma

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲 - 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐬

Having a conversation every morning with her was the highlight of my day

Having a conversation every morning with her was the highlight of my day. Having to deal with the mafia and especially the biggest narcissist alive definitely was the opposite.

I was debating crushing the phone in my hand as Arlo's voice was on the other end of the call.

Arlo: Eros better be back before the end of the week.

Me: I will make sure to tell him

It was too early for this shit. And the thunderstorm last night made me even more restless.

"I told you to shoot him," my father said.

"But I don't want to kill him"

"I don't care what you want! Now come here" he dragged me outside the house.

The rain had started.

"No daddy, daddy please" I tried to pull my hand from his grip, but I couldn't.

He only dragged me harder. "what have I told you? Are you a weak little girl?" he grabbed the chain near the big apple tree in the backyard.

"Fa- father no please!" I pleaded.

Since the moment we stepped out the rain turned into a raging thunderstorm.

"you will stay here until you learn your lesson!" He locked the anklet and left me there. Until the thunder turned to rain again and mixed my tears with the raindrops.

The coffee machine beeped.

I shook my head of the memory.

"Are you going to put the pod in?" her voice sounded from behind.

I closed the top compartment of the machine and coffee started dripping into the two cups underneath. I turned around and faced Lia. "You looked kinda lost there for a second" she observed.

"It's nothing," I said as she took a seat at the counter chairs.

The machine stopped and I grabbed the mugs sliding one to her and keeping one for myself. It was the only edible thing I could make in a kitchen.

"Thanks" she took the mug with a small smile.

"So what will today's question be firecracker?"

"I don't know," she said. Eyeing me while I sat across from her.

"come on, it's your turn think of something, even if it's foolish" I told her.

She was in her black sweat set. The only color was her eyes. I couldn't stop staring at her.

"Okay then" she started. She subtly touched her chin. Something she did when she was deep in thought.

"What is your favorite color?" she asked taking a sip of her coffee.