fifty-four | sweetling

It's here, finally, I was afraid of this chapter

Grab your tissues and both hands on the phone!

Enjoy 😉✨️

Trigger warnings: discussion of past trauma, violence, sa

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐒𝐚𝐦 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 - "𝐀𝐩𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞"

"You need me to do what?" Seraphina asked looking at me with wide eyes

"You are not going to actually shoot him, just aim at him" I replied. I had explained to her a big part of the situation between me -as Indigo- and Atticus. Leaving the part I was actually in a relationship with him.

"You know if they find us that could mean war right?" She was right I was indigo. I didn't have any ties with any mafia except my favoritism with the devils. But her; she was the oldest Italian mafia princess. And that changed things a bit. Only if we get caught.

"Is the bold spitfire scared?" I mocked. Gosh, I was hanging out with Mateo a lot. "when was the last time you went on a mission?" I asked further.

"It's been a while, Roman after the hit on you from the Russians doesn't let us go on missions. He even banned Sebastian." She explained.

Thought as such.

"fine I will do it" she agreed and I was getting a little too excited.

I knew Seraphina would be the best at the job. She was probably somewhere in the estate or on the roof with her sniper riffle aiming over Atticus' heart. We had gone over the blueprints of the estate beforehand to find the best advantage point in order for her to have the best aim. She pointed out those two spots had the clearest view of the maze. In one of those should be located Atticus' sniper because my gut told me he would have pointed out one.

Sera would check in which the sniper was positioned and would choose the other location. She wouldn't engage in a physical fight against them. Only aim at Atticus' heart.

Over the heart, I promised to look after. It hurt. But it had to happen this way.

"Unless there is proof of what you are saying then you are not walking out of the maze alive." He said and the way he spoke made my heart painfully twist. He didn't know who I was but I knew and the thought of him figuring out and acting the same grew to be one of my biggest fears.

"why don't you check in your father's office? If I remember correctly despite being an asshole he is an organized asshole." I said and it was true. His father kept everything in files. He and his Previous second in command.

"and if I don't find anything?" he asked.

"then hunting season is open buddy" I extended my arms at my sides nodding at myself.