fifty | Him & I

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐆-𝐄𝐚𝐳𝐲 & 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲 - 𝐇𝐢𝐦 & 𝐈

Walking back to Atticus' apartment I found myself lost in my thoughts

Walking back to Atticus' apartment I found myself lost in my thoughts. I didn't even realize when I bumped into someone. "I'm sorry" I quickly apologized looking at the man I collided with.

"It's fine," a familiar voice said and I immediately looked up and recognized the voice belonged to Nico. His kind blueish-grey eyes stared down at me. "Hello Lia"

"Oh hey, Nico" I greeted him, and all of a sudden I was attacked by sloppy kisses from below. I braced myself as the black and white force on legs literally climbed on me. "And who is this crazy lady?" I asked trying to push away the dog's snout from my face. She had already licked most.

"Penny, sit!" He commanded but that crazy Dalmatian had opposite intentions. She stared me in the eyes, her front paws on my arms and her whole body weight rested on me.

"I don't think she wants to let go" I commented in a happier tone. It had been a while since I met him. And certainly, I didn't pass him as a dog person.

He looked more like a goldfish kind of person. Feed it once a day and be done with it.

"Well she needs to start listening or else she will be back at the shelter," he said and I slightly glared at him.

"sit!" I said to Penny. She gave one last lick to my chin before she sat on the ground near Nico's legs just as a well-mannered lady.

"How on earth did you do that? What did you do to my dog?" he said looking at the dog in disbelief.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Nothing, just establishing some dominance" I turned my gaze to Penny, "paw" I asked and she handed me her left paw. "good girl Penny" I smooshed her face between my hands. She started licking everything she could and happily barked.

"we've been trying to train her for the past three months we have her," Nico said.

"Oh this baby is trained, she just doesn't want to listen to you" I observed.

"figures, she only listens to my wife and then my son" he added shaking his head.

"Honestly, Nico, I never thought of you as a dog person. Let alone a Dalmatian. This girly here is an energy machine" I said.

"that's because I am not, I had a goldfish but it died and we got her" he explained. "What are you doing back in New York?"

"Came to see an old friend," I simply said, he nodded. "You have your hands full with this one" I referred to Penny. Her eyes wandered everywhere. Everywhere. There wasn't a place in her surroundings she hadn't left unseen. Alert and energetic.

"tell me about it" he looped Penny's leash around his palm twice.

My phone rang twice in my pocket. "Excuse me," I said and brought it out.