forty-three | GRL PWR

Trigger warnings: 🌶

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐧𝐝 - 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐭

What I wouldn't give to have Sofia in my arms right now

What I wouldn't give to have Sofia in my arms right now. Instead, I was in the private jet playing Blackjack coming home to her.

Ciro was a sore loser. Atticus was a decent player. And Eros the fucker had won two grand by now.

"I'm out" Ciro threw his cards on the table. A pair of fives, a seven, and an eight. "That was my last cash" he gulped the rest of the whiskey in his glass.

"I take credit too" Eros commented. The fucker had a smile on his face. Again. That man was a master in any game involving cards and money. He made everything his game. But blackjack? Blackjack was his thing.

We should have played poker.

"bullshit" Atticus exclaimed. Throwing another hundred note at Eros. And his cards followed next.

"This is getting ridiculous," Ciro said. "where do you hide them?"

"hide what?" Eros smirked.

"The cards asshole, twenty games and I still haven't seen an ace in my hands," Ciro exclaimed as he refilled his glass.

"I don't know what you are talking about" Eros smiled.

"Why do we have an alliance with them?" Ciro faced me. "he is stealing from us"

I put my cards down. A king and a queen of hearts. "beat that motherfucker" I said to Eros. I was certain he was faking his arrogance. He couldn't have won the fucking game over and over again.

"it was nice doing business with you" Eros placed his cards on the table. A king of clubs and an ace.

This motherfucker!

Eros gathered the three hundred notes with an expression on his face I wanted to wipe with my revolver.

"When did you say you leave for New York?" I asked Atticus.

"Arlo wants us back by Sunday. So Wednesday." He said.

"Any particular reason?" I gathered the cards and shuffled them.

"you know him. He just doesn't want to retire but he doesn't want the mafia load either." He shrugged gulping the last of his whiskey. The distaste he had for his father was clear as day.

"just kill him already" Ciro joked.

But looking at Atticus' expression that joke was a thought in his brain.

"if only it was this fucking easy" he leaned over the table and grabbed the Macallan 18.

I stared at the bottle and a smile broke on my face thinking of my baby sister walking into the mansion with three bottles she stole for me.