twenty- six | gun

trigger warnings: mentions of child abuse, past trauma, IED, PTSD, death  of a lost one, substance use and SA

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐁𝐫𝐲𝐚𝐧 - 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

In all the years I had been taking care of my younger siblings since Cillian's death nothing could have prepared me for watching my younger sister lifeless in the arms of my younger brother

Watching her hair sticking to her face, her beautiful eyes closed and her skin looking as pale as a white sheet of paper just added to the nightmare I hoped I would wake up soon.

Fear wasn't something I felt often. My father made sure to radiate fear on everyone beneath him. He made sure I knew what fear meant and felt. But he also made sure to eradicate that emotion from my brain.

Fear makes you weak.

Fear makes you second-guess yourself.

Fear makes cowards.

Are you a coward Roman?

However, seeing Leonardo cradling Lia in his arms made that forgotten emotion appear.

She just came here. As Leo ran, I noticed Diablo was behind them. I snapped out of my daze and ran down the stairs and met Leo halfway taking Lia off his arms. We didn't waste any time waiting on anyone and drove to the hospital fast.

I held her head with one of my hands and with the other I held her hand. She looked so fragile, her lips had a greyish-blue hue, and her hand was cold. She was cold.

Seeing her being rolled into the emergency room brought out a fear I never felt before. A fear ten times worse than what my father manipulated me with.

Fear of losing a loved one.

I wasn't afraid when my mother passed.

Fear wasn't the emotion I was feeling. I was sorrowful and the grief I felt was of the mother's love I would never get to have again.

When my father died, I went out with Ciro and got drunk. Because the monster was finally gone.

Now I had to put my own brother out to prevent a panic attack from happening.

If only I had believed him all these years.

Did I cause this?

As slowly the rest of the family showed up I didn't know what to do. I didn't have a backup plan. I didn't-

Ales came out and told us she was stable. She was safe. And when she finally opened her eyes hours later my breathing turned back to normal.

When the younger ones finally fell asleep in her room, Sebastian nodded toward the door at me to walk out of the room. I quietly did. And he followed behind me along with Duke, Haley, Seraphina, and Alessandro.