fifty-seven | flamingos

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐌𝐜𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 - 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬

The next morning the house was quiet making me not know what to expect

The next morning the house was quiet making me not know what to expect. I was too out of it yesterday and today wasn't going as well either. A racing mind was the creator of unneeded anxiety. And I thrived with anxiety. Not.

Atticus and mine relationship was out in the open. The way my family learned about it wasn't ideal nor was the way I planned on telling them.

Honestly, didn't plan to at all.

I just wanted to keep this only for me. I was selfish, kinda. When everything started to get better it got a lot worse too fast.

I vaguely remember Leo's and Marcelo's reactions and the snippets of last night weren't that pleasant with what Atticus and I had going on. A part of me could understand their frustration. They were best friends since diapers. Atticus was only two years older than them but that didn't stop them from becoming friends. Why would it?

But dating and fucking your best friend's brother- Boy that was a recipe for disaster.

I wanted to bring it slowly to them in a way. I knew how thick-minded they were.

But on the other hand, I deserved to be fucking happy with someone. And I deserve to lo-

Atticus and I didn't talk much about what today might hold or what we would do if things went south.

I took a big breath in and buttoned my oversized jeans. I pulled a very fitting oversized tee over my head and fixed my hair in a low ponytail.

The T-shirt had the future written on the front, with big bold embroidered letters. Carnage. Exiting my closet I took my pair of deep green gazelles to wear.

My bedroom door opened and I saw a head of curls pop inside before a smile that could brighten my day showed

Atticus didn't sleep here last night. He wanted to but I forbade him. Not after what happened last night. I wanted to assess the situation downstairs and then I would move forward.