twenty-two | imani

Trigger warnings: the next two chapters are heavy! they contain topics of child abuse and neglect. Substance abuse. Death of a lost one. Destructive thoughts. Violence and torture. And stupid decisions! (you will find out what I mean about the last one)

Please don't read if any of the topics make you uncomfortable.

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 : 𝐉𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍 - 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐰 (𝐋𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐬)

I never experienced love.

Love was a strong word to say.

My father taught me the hard way to never trust anyone. To never care about anyone. To never love anyone.

What I felt wasn't love. It was interest.

In the few moments I saw the assassin in the devils' warehouse back in New York I never felt anything close to- similar to what I felt then.

But then watching her at the ball move so effortlessly. Kill with no remorse. Made me want to look at her every second of the time I was close to her.

I didn't even know her name. Not even her code name in the underworld.

But my father was right.

"Love is a weakness"

"Love makes you weak."

"Only the weak fall in love"

All things he said to me that in the end they got engraved in the fucking brain he terrorized.

The fucking thing I hated more than him; was when he was proven to be right.

It only took one moment for that interest to turn to hate.

The moment I saw that blue gem on her dagger I knew I was so close to my revenge, but the fucking Russians and the Germans had other plans.

How could I be so stupid? How could I have a slight interest in the person who took away the most important person in my life? The one I could trust. The one that came with the endless supply of love.

Indigo killed my mother. And I was bound to kill her.

She was the reason I was left with a monster for a father.

I never hated a person more than my father but fifteen years ago that hate grew to accommodate another person. I was only seven when my father told me my mother died.

But I knew better. As the years passed and I started more intense training for the mafia and got more involved I found messages and files dated to the day my mother was murdered.

I would get my revenge that was certain.

𖤓

What fucked up life was I living?