thirty | letter

trigger warning: mentions about suicide

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐑𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞

After the fight, I left everyone in the living room and went upstairs to take a much-needed bath

"I will be there in ten minutes!" Roman said on the phone. He just came out. Dressed in black pants and a black shirt with the sleeves rolled up. His hair was wet and combed back with a few pieces hanging in front of his face.

When I reached the top of the stairs, he finally saw me. "Find him!" He sternly said and hung up. He slid his phone in his front pocket, and we split the distance to my room.

"Mafia problem?" I asked.

"don't worry you pretty little head about it." He kissed my forehead. "You did extremely well, better than I thought you would. I'm proud" he said, and I smiled.

"Thank you, you didn't do so bad yourself either." I joked and he chuckled.

His phone started ringing again and he cursed under his breath.

"Go" I urged him. And he did.

He started walking but stopped before the stairs. "Tell Haley I won't be back for dinner."

"Are you crazy?" I asked shocked. "You tell her that, why are you sending me on a murder mission?"

He chuckled and walked away.

Literally.

He walked away while I sat there and watched.

I was not, under any circumstances going to tell Haley what he told me to.

She was serious with her food.

As I got into my room, I turned to close the door. Right before it clicked shut, I stopped it.

A thought came into my mind, and I contemplated if it was the right time or not.

"According to the letter" Roman spoke, "mother named you Accalia Lucia."

Letter.

He never clearly explained to me how he came to find out about my existence.

Should I?

No. I closed the door.

And opened it again.

It was an invasion of his privacy.

I shouldn't.

I closed the door again and touched my forehead on the white wood casing.

Why wasn't anyone speaking about our father?

What were they hiding?

I could understand the mafia aspect. He was the ex-don. Probably died because of it. Many were the rumors about his suicide.