forty-six | mariposa

This chapter is now complete!

trigger warnings: violence, gore

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐒𝐚𝐦 𝐓𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐳 - 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭. 𝐘𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲

"Isn't she beautiful baby?" My mama asked pointing at the small butterfly resting on a flower

I giggled watching as the small creature flapped her wings and a majestic blue color popped.

"Mama Mama look, pretty!" I said exited hugging my mama's neck.

"Yes baby, she is very pretty, just like my baby" she booped my nose. I giggled more wrapping my hands around her finger.

"what is it?" I asked.

"A butterfly my love"

"butterfly" I repeated.

The little thing flapped his wings again and jumped from the flower.

I giggled even more and my mama hugged me tighter. And all of a sudden as the small thing flew around it landed on my nose.

I held my breath scared it might go away. "You can breathe my love" the butterfly moved tickling me and making me sneeze. It flew away my mama laughed.

"You just got kissed by a fairy"

"mariposa?" I said excited.

My mama nodded. "this little butterfly loved you my love and she wanted to show you with a kiss. A fairy kiss"

"I want more," I said my little hands touching her face.

"she will come back" my mama reassured me.

And she did.

She touched my nose again and flapped her wings over my eyes.

I opened my eyes and looked at the blurry stars on my ceiling. There was no butterfly and my mother disappeared behind the wings.

I blinked and wiped the lone tear that ran down my cheek.

It had been a while since I had one of those dreams. And as much as I used to like them even if they deterred my mood afterwards, I wished I had more.

However now? Now they dampened my mood even more. Now the faceless creature had a face.

It was the first time I had one of those dreams and my mama had a face. Actual features. A smile, blonde hair, a pair of magnificent eyes. A smile that looked like it could light up the whole world.

In a way, I didn't know if these kinds of dreams were better than the nightmares. Or equal to them. My heart hurt from my past. And she yearned for something I could never had.