Chapter 16 - Ugly

Reminder!!

they live in a Penthouse!!

The building is all theirs.  but they do have security desk for their safety

When I write they leave outside, I mean they probably take the stairs all the way down or elevator to leave the entire penthouse building that's theirs. (Isadora and Angelos)

——-

Xalianas pov -

Being flabbergasted right now was a definite understatement. I'm about to pee in my pants from her words. I'm trying to process everything slowly and consume all this information that is going to give me a mini panic attack.

He kills?? For the president— so like he's secret sky killer machine for the president? That's-

Im actually going to loose myself because the thought about a person who kills for a living makes me feel more than fear and disgust. The worst part is, I was around this man. In the same car alone. I could of been killed, he almost killed me today.

My hands clenched on the hem of my chiffon hijab. I was too chocked up to even speak or say anything. My heavy breathing was all that was coming out of my mouth.

Dora seems to notice my uneasy state and she grabbed my hand trying to calm me down. "I don't mean to scare you, but this all won't make sense without this information." She rubbed my hands trying to get me to calm down.

"I know he's in a gang as a disguise right now but that's all I know...but there is more..I don't even know" my heart didn't feel any better with those words either.

"The truth is, I'm not even allowed to know anything about his job. But I found out and he told me to 'figure it out myself' because he won't tell me anything.." her voice was filled with some kind of hurt emotion.

I would be hurt too if my brother kept something so big from me and still won't tell me after I know.  Chills were running down my spine and up my body. How is he not frightened?? Im practically terrified and these are just words.

Dora sees my frozen state and grabbed my arm slowly and get me out the car. I stared back at the car with a horror face, I was in a car with a assassin killer while I was sleeping swiftly in the back.

I was so lost in my mind I didn't see Dora walk me inside the building already past security desk and up to her room. Once we get past the living room which looked good as new. How??

Wasn't the glass broken? I see the glass table gone and so we're the broken glass. I don't know why but I feel so scared to my stomach that my mind can't think straight. I feel like I'm going to fall. I don't want to be here anymore.

It's as if I'm going to get killed if I stay longer here. I don't feel safe. She gets me inside her huge room and placed me on the bed. "Please speak.." she said with a worried voice.

My brain still couldn't comprehend this. I was still shaken up by her words. I don't want to be in the same place as a murder. I literally want to leave and that's surprising because I never say I want to go to my house.

She sighed and rubbed her head. "I get it, you need time to process this. We will talk tomorrow." She bit her lips looking sad. I looked down while she slowly walked out but handed me some sleep ware. Once she left I let a breath release that I didn't know I was holding.

I still feel very uneasy being here. I don't even want to see his face. If I see his face I know for sure I'm going to react differently than before.

——

I woke up with a massive headache. This wasn't the type of sleepover I imagined we'd have. I am a bit terrified to step out this room. I stand behind the door clenching my fists frustrated.

I don't know so much still, but what I know so far is enough for me to get stay up all night scared to close my eyes. I might be bold but I'm not  bold enough to walk up to a psychopath and slap him or something.

Imma stay out of the fire instead of adding fuel to the fire. Im definitely not going to be those main characters in those stories and say, "this isn't you baby"

This is a random man. I ain't doing nothin but ignoring him and keep a big distance. He can literally do anything to me, I don't trust any man in this world. My only guid is Allah.

This Angelo man has such a closed off personality too, a very dangerous personality that just doesn't care about emotions. I doubt he cares for his sister.

I hate that man, I hate that man...

My hand turned on the door knob and slowly opened the door. I can already hear my heartbeat beat rapidly. My main mission is act tough and get out of here.

I walked down the hallways and make my way downstairs. Once I was downstairs I was already walking to the living. It was early in the morning. I texted Dora saying I had to leave very early and told her I'm not mad at her.

It wasn't her fault. She didn't have to tell me anything if I wasn't involved with some gangsters.

He kills people

I still get chills as I think about that. Those ladies laying on the floor at that building.. did he? That's honestly disgusting and not mentally okay. He's no better than any bad guy out there.

I get out of the building as fast as I could and started walking to make my way home early than later. A cold breeze runs past me making me shiver, why is it always so fricken cold in the morning for like no reason.

I love the cold

I made my way home slowly and once I arrived I got inside the toasty home and dropped everything to the floor and head to my room. I expect to see Ayaan sleeping but instead he was awake and sitting on the bed.

A frown left my lips as I looked at him. He was on the edge of the bed looking down at his hands deep in thoughts. He looked up at me and gestured to the door. I closed the door behind me confused.

"I can explain—" before I can even explain to him about bullet holes in the kitchen or why I didn't go home yesterday and why I'm here now he cut me off.

"Do you remember I'm your husband? Hm" he said and gets up finally and walked toward me. I stood there numbly with no emotion running through my face.

Too many times

Anyone will remember a husband like you. His hand softly reached up to my head and softly caressed it. "Pretty wife, I'm so fucking nice right?" He whispered in my ear making me uncomfortable.

I clenched my jaw and held my breath. "Speak" he said and clenched my scarf making me close my eyes and open them again. "Yes." I managed to whisper out. He hummed.

"SO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FREEDOM I GIVE YOU!" He screamed making me still in my spot. I'm trained to not flinch at his words or else he'll just get angrier.

He stepped back and looked at my scarf. "Take it off." He said and immediately my hands go to my scarf and slowly take everything off. I let my hair fall down my back.

He turned around and get scissors. He turned me around harshly making me fall down to my knees. I bit my lips holding in my cries. I feel ugly every time he does this.

He started to cut some of my hair. A cry left my mouth him angrily and slam the scissor on my back making me let out a horror scream. "REMEMBER! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE UNDER ME." He yelled with full authority and left the room.

I sit there with blood dripping down from my back. My eyes landed on the bruise that Angelo made. He doesn't know that I know about his job. And I plan on never telling him that I know.

I hate that man. I don't even want to his face. He doesn't need to know but he kinda scares me more than Ayaan. My stomach grumbled making me remember I'm hungry since yesterday.

I have work today so I'll just eat something there. I can't really afford too much right now.

———-