Chapter 21 - heartless

Xalianas pov -

"No, I drew the strawberries, why would you have? Do you wanna draw one?" My almond eyes dig into his angry looking eyes. His expression didn't change which is very unusual, what's on his mind? I lowkey wanna be in his brain to see what he thinks of—

No no, that would be inappropriate. "No, did I cause this." My curiosity and gullible expression dropped and a sight of fear filled in my expression. The thoughts of Ayaan filled my thoughts and what he did yesterday night. He went full on mental.

Is he going to hit me too for not answering him? He's already bruised me. Already touched my arm and hurt it enough to break it too. Im not some doll they can throw around and hurt. I hate men. I just despise them. They don't know how to be around a women.

Afghani men? Come on, they are literally a joke. A whole fricken lie. I've had experience with two men already. One being, Khalid , the second would be my no good husband. They are draining, a waste of oxygen.

My eyes drop down to the floor unable to speak without shooting anger or hurtful words. I take a slow breath out and began to speak. I can't say Ayaan did it, it's none of his business. Then again, I don't want anyone to know I have a husband.

Especially if he's bipolar like mine.

"You ripped a muscle tissue.." I stare down at my shoes not daring to lie and meet his eyes. They would just scare me away. A groan left his mouth and I prepare myself for any movement.

"Let me-" he reached out but out of reflex I move back holding my arm as if he'll hurt it again. He's already done much damage, I don't need more stress in my life. He already scares me with his job.

"Xaliana"

"It's fine, I'm fine, just leave please.." it came out like a whisper. I'm just trying to get some rest from men. Men that hurt me.

I turned around to leave from his sight but he speaks once again. "Next time you'll know not to mess with shit you ain't know of." The New York accent was so fricken clear.

I stopped dead in my tracks at his words. So he's implying this...as...a warning? So he would actually do this to me if I do something like that again? My chest was heaving up and down slowly.

"If you hurt me..again i will—"

"Hit me? I'd like to see you try baby."

My jaw clenched and I turned around to send a angry glare at him. He's probably enjoying this but I ain't. I hate this man with a heavy heart. He actually scares me to my bones. He kills! He has a gun in his waste right now I bet you.

"I will try." Don't loose your confidence.

He takes a step closer.

"Oh yeah."

He gets even closer making me step back now. I don't like where this is leading up. The times I need to wrap tape around my mouth.

"Yeah.."

Before I can proceed anything else he grabbed my good hand and pulled me closer to his chest. "A fucking punch will knock you out of your damn senses." His breath hits my face harshly. He then harshly pushed me back making me stumble.

My breathing was excelling by that one move. Fear was aching through my bones at that. I fear he will just knock me out because the truth is, he can. And I think he will.

I stumble over unpacked boxes and landed on the floor. A whimper left my lips as my arm shoots a pain through my entire body. I held the cast with tears pooled at the edge of my eyes. Why is he so heartless?

I didn't dare to look up at his tall figure. Instead I bring my legs to my chest and get ready to defend myself if he approaches me again and tried to hit me. His legs walked towards my body and I shut my eyes quickly and held my free hand and covered my face.

He's going to do it!

After a couple of moments I opened my eyes and take a look around. He walked passed me. Not to me. A relief breath left my lips. Now it'll be even harder to see Dora or him. He comes he often.

I know I'll huddle like a fricken baby if I see him again. It's ridiculous and so girly of me but I'm terrified of the man. He's a living heartless demon.

I need to stay away when I see him. Possible hide.

——

I wave at my bestie who's waiting in the dark road for me. She hasn't seen me in like a day or so and she's already freaking out. I make my way out of the store closing it and approach her.

Before I can greet her she slams her body to hug me and I pull her back immediately as pain shoots through my arm.

"Ouch wait!" I yell in pain and she pulled away quickly. I look at her and pout. "Sorry about yesterday."

Her eyes were glued on my arm. "Who did it?" She said softly and looked up at me. I take a deep breath in.

"Don't tell anyone but Ayaan accidentally broke my arm." Her eyes grew and her fussy clenched. I know damn well she's wanting to kill him.

"Accidentally??? What the fuck!" I grab her hand and smooth it. "I can't talk about this now. Please understand. It was an accident and I'm not ready to talk about bs right now. Can we just get to the point."

She grits her teeth angrily. "We're talking about this later" I nod at her command and rolled my eyes. "What are we doing?" I couldn't help but catch the sudden change in her eyes. They turned pure evil.

Oh god.

"24 hours hidden at...Kai's house"

——-