Chapter 35 - Forbidden

D'Angelo pov-

'I'm scared. You scared me.'

I feel like whenever I take a step forward to something that's so forbidden, it turns back on me and I end up messing it up. And I fucking love making people scared but this time..."it doesn't feel right."

Shit. "I fucking hate you fresa" I get off my bed and throw on my hoodie. I go to Isa and signal her to come with me.

"My friend and I are meeting up. Can't be alone." I lied but also didn't. I'm meeting up with Enzo and she could be home alone but it's better if Isa with someone.

I grabbed my keys and head out with her behind me. Deep down I know all too fucking well. This isn't normal for me. It's a pain for me to say I'm doing it for her.

Just like everyone else, the feelings are numb. But yet I still am doing this. I'd rather kill her than to feel anything. Feeling new emotions feel sick to me. Murder crossed my mind. This job will sicken her to her core.

Of course I scared her, I'm a fucking monster. My eyes would just draw people away but she just fucking stares. She stares as if she doesn't see the monster. Her mouth might say monster but her eyes say other things. I don't know what but I know they don't see me as a monster.

"Cuddles?'

How fucking stupid could I be. I really thought she was actually asking me. Who did she want to send it to originally? I clenched my fists in the wheel.

I don't fucking care. I shouldn't even glance at her direction. She's a women who's not like others.

"Are you staying with us?" I looked over at my sister and see a huge smirk plastered on her face. "The fuck you sayin' "

"She's sooo cute. And her eyes- ah I wish I had her eyes." I clenched the steering wheel. "I'm leaving right after.." I mumble to her. Why the heck is she advertising her to me.

"Angelo, when will you just get married. You're old now.." I didn't bother answering her question. That answer is obvious, I won't fucking get married. Unless I really like the girl but I don't think that's possible. Getting married means I have to tell the president and they would fuck up everything.

"Please—"

I took a sharp turn just so she stopped talking about this.

🍓🚬🍓🚬🍓🚬🍓

Xalianas pov -

I sit down with Isadora next to me. I can't believe he did this for me. No no he prolly really had to drop her off.

Her hand landed on my thigh. "How bad does it hurt?" Her eyes didn't miss the fainted bruise on my face. I frown and shook my head. "I'm always ok."

She looked down at her lap. "I would have killed myself if I was ever in your place, you're strong. Very strong." I smile and looked at her. She's having her midnight depression talks again.

"My girl don't say that..are you okay?" I raise my hand and wipe the tear thrust flowed from her eyes. "Dont— you know if you say that I will just sob." I chuckle at her statement and nod. "It's better to let it out then store it in and get sick."

She held my hands and grabbed them. I let her as she played with the rings on my finger. Two rings but none of them was the wedding rings.

"I don't know why..I'm just sad most of the time. How are you okay even with this tragedy in your life?" A smile appears on my lips at that statement.

"I pray to Allah and it really calms my heart. My home is my prayer mat. " she looked so hesitant as I say that.

"Does it really?" I smiled and wiped her tears. "One day inshallah you will feel it too." Before I can even process she runs in my arms and takes a big sob out. I lean down and kiss her head as a lovely manner.

——

I grabbed the remote from Dora and turned to another movie. "Hey!" I smirk and played my Disney movies. Before she can say anything the door opens distracting us.

We both stop and look at the door. Shoot. I watched as Ayaan took off his shoes and threw his jacket to the floor and paused as he saw us.

Both our smile faded and Dora stared at him coldly. "Hey.." he said to Dora and looked very unpleased. Dora looked him and nodded. "Hi..." I sat there awkward with her.

"Da so kei dona late" (what is she doing here this late)

I turned off the movie. "Wali, sta paaki su kaar di." (Why, its none of your business)

"Ta pasi rusta ghoram." (I will deal with you later)

I gulped and looked as he slammed the door of our bedroom. I looked at Dora and she looked angry. "He's a bitch." I smile and shake my head. "Yup."

"Oh he's here!" She jumped and ran to the door putting her shoes. "What—" "my brother is here" I nodded and put my shoes on. I will walk her out as always.

I walked down the driveway with her. The familiar BMW car was parked close by. The windows were fainted. I'm feeling so insecure it's crazy.

My heart dropped when he rolled the window down. "Get your ass inside Isa. I'm tired." His voice was raspy and yes you can tell he was tired.

I pulled my sweatshirt sleeves and smiled at her. I watched as she gets in and waved at me. I waved back and my eyes linger back on the drivers seat.

——-

I don't think I should text him. I should definitely just be nice. A nice gesture nothing more. I grabbed the cookie M&ms that I ate from him last time and paid for it.

I kept it in a nice small bag. He will like it. It's not a present. It's a thank you gesture. I was at work but in putting away stock. After an hour of truck unload I was exhausted. My arm was aching.

A familiar cigarette and musk filled the air. I quickly looked around to the smell but couldn't find anyone. I frown and looked outside to see him walking to his car. I gasped and run out with the gift in my hand. Damn how did I not see him come in.

"Angel!" He stopped in his steps and turned around. I smiled and go up to him. The height difference was killing me. It's like the distance from earth to moon.

"Hi..umm so— just here." I quickly held my hands out with the gift and he stared down at it confused. He wasn't taking it. I feel a bit embarrassed now. "I-it's a thank you gift. You send dora to me because I was scared..right?" The last part came out soft and nervous.

"What if I said it wasn't for you?" I looked up at him with red cheeks. "Oh..that's okay." I slowly placed the gift down but he grabbed it from my hands.

"You're welcome fresa." A smile spread on my lips. He's actually human? Oh my-

You learn something new every day.

———