Chapter 29 - Mama and Fresa

Xalianas pov -

I sat in the backseat in the car with Dora next to me. I had my knees hugging my chest as I faced her while we talked the entire way. "I'm so hungry." I groan while the air becomes quiet.

"Well we're headed to the restaurant so you don't need to complain anymore." I gave Dora a baffled look. Can't believe she basically called me dramatic. "Rude.." I mumbled under my breath and faced towards the front where her brother was driving.

His one hand on the steering wheel while the other was loosely holding the bottom of the steering wheel. My eyes never left the hand movements. It was satisfying to watch him drive, the way he turned the wheel effortlessly. I said satisfying not anything else.

"What?" I heard Dora break my stare. I turned my head to her and shrugged. "What??" I repeated while she only stared. "Never mind." I nodded at her and looked back to the front. We're almost there, just around the corner and we're here.

"Do we have to do this?" I whispered to Dora and she nodded. "We're only going to the restaurant across his apartment..." I gave her a glare. This girl wants something from him and it's scaring me every moment.

"Just the restaurant." I warned her. I don't want to end up back under his bed holding my breath for dear life. The car stopped and turned off which means we're here. How exciting.

I get out the car slowly like the grandma I am. "Hurry the frick up mom!" Dora yelled at me. When I looked up at her from the open car door, she was already inside the restaurant. How fricken rude. I rolled my eyes and get out the car like a sloth. My bones ache. Is that normal? Yeah it is.

"Mom? I'm offended. Do I look that old to you.." I was ranting away on my chant. How dare she call me mom. Atleast she's not saying grandma. "I'm a beautiful mom.." a pout unknowingly filled my face.

"Hurry the fuck up mama." My head shoots up to that voice. I was fixing my shoes but only needed to tie it. How dare he call me mama! Are you serious! I left my untied long shoe laces open and just get out the car already.

"Im not your 'mama'" I crossed my hands to my chest. He didn't seem bothered. Instead I feel like he was feeling amused by this. I don't care. "Im probably younger than you!" I made sure to add that on.

"Are you sure you're younger..?" My jaw dropped again. Do I look that old? Do I have wrinkles? Do I stress out that much? I blame Ayaan. He's a sociopath, or a whatever. I don't look old but I feel like at this young age married!!?? I feel old for that.

I didn't miss when his eyes wondered down my body and instantly I felt uncomfortable and insecure. "Yes! I'm only 20!" His eyes glued onto my eyes which felt like forever.

"You're a liar fresa." I straighten my pose and shook my head. "Don't call me 'fresa' or 'mama' again." I made sure to sound like I'm going to kill him. It's only fair.

"Alright..fresa.." his deep voice hit me like a truck. Did puberty hit him 2 times or is he sick. This isn't normal. Why the hell does his voice goes deeper and deeper.

I shoot him a glare. "Are you—" before I can finish that sentence. "Are you going to fucking go." I bit the inside of my lip. I fricken hate this man. I didn't want fear to consume me so quickly. "Ok.." I quickly began to walk away from the car and head inside already.

I sit next to Dora who's sitting right next to the window seat. I looked outside and caught the sight of the same building we almost got caught from. After awhile her brother did come and sit with us.

There was only three seats. Me and Dora sat together and he sat across. "Angelo.." does speaks breaking the awkward silence as we wait for the food to come.

"Hm." He was typing on his phone but stopped and put his phone down looking at his sister. "I need money." I wish I had it that easy.

"No Isa." That was shocking. I thought he would say yes. "What!? Why?" I was just trying to mind my own business by looking at the menus we have already read. "I have a job, get one." I hear Dora scoff and argue back.

"So you won't help me?" In the corner of my eye I looked up at him. "I've always helped you Isa, get a job. I have my shit too. You know that." I played with the menu as I hear them talk. I feel bad for Dora but she doesn't have a job now and she keeps asking her brother for stuff and I'm sure he has his own taxes and stuff to worry about.

"Fine I'll be a prostitute or a stripper." I choked on my saliva hearing that. The heck she won't. That's double the sin. "I'll fucking break your legs." I looked up immediately at that threat. His eyes were dark just like his heart. That was too cheesy.

I bit the inside of my cheek not finding his response so pleasant. "Damn.." I just wanted this conversation to end. The food arrived and I immediately dig into my shrimp pasta. It was halal and good. "You eat like a man." Dora commented laughing and I wink at her. "I'll be your man."

She bit her lip and blew me a kiss. "Oh baba you know we are already..." i almost died of laughter when I looked at her brother who looked bothered and gave us a questionable look. 

I was going to take another bite but my phone vibrated in my pocket so I put my fork down and picked my phone up while isadora ranted about how bad her day was and blah blah. Angel looked like he wasn't even listening.

I stare down at my phone and felt my heart drop at the text message Ayaan send me.

Ayaan
"We need to talk."

———