Chapter 36 - La Hawla Wala

Xaliana-

I still can't get his words out of my head. It's shameful because I'm sitting at the dinner table with Ayaan. He's right across from me eating peacefully and I can barely eat.

"Are you eating less because you know you're getting chubby." He takes a big spoon full of the rice. How can he just say that to me without hesitation. This is why I hate him. He's just making me feel not human and uncomfortable.

I didn't respond but just stare at him. He raised an eyebrow at me. "That's good, I don't like a fat wife." He smirked but I wanna make sure he doesn't feel even a bit accomplished.

I pick up my spoon and shove rice in my mouth to the point I could choke. He dropped his spoon and watched me with a cold stare. He hates a 'fat wife' imma give him a fat wife.

He slammed his fists on the table. "Stop!" I didn't stop and kept shoving food down my throat. "XALIANA!" I'm only 120 pound. I just gained a couple of pounds but that's because I'm in a country with good protein food.

In Afghanistan I was 89 pounds. I was very underweight but I'm glad I got healthy. He gets up and pulls me up from my seat. "Get fucking lost." And that's how you get excused from eating or seeing your husband.

I smile and made my way to the room. "Consider that your last meal." I stop in my tracks and turn to him. "Inshallah." I just can't with him.

I sit on the bed and stare at the ceiling. I would look at my phone but I have too much on my mind. I feel like I'm going to throw up. I feel sick, and it's not the food. It's this anxiety filling me. I'm nervous for tomorrow for some odd reason.

I'm meeting Dora and Enzo tomorrow. I don't know why but they said it's to talk. I still can't sleep at night because of Kai. He hasn't said anything since then. I owe him 90k. And I still don't know how he wants me to repay him in his way.

As morning came along I got dressed and went downstairs to walk to the restaurant they wanted to meet up on. It's a breakfast diner. I walked and watched the sunrise. It was beauty.

I don't know why they wanted to meet up so early but I can't change that. I turn a corner but ended up bumping into a hard chest. Oh Allah. I almost fell on my butt but a masculine arm wrapped around my waist and held me tight. I'm okay. (No)

I looked up after processing everything. My eyes stared right at his eyes. This has to be a sign. His dark eyes stared at mine like daggers. I looked at his hand that's still wrapped around my waist. I stand up straight and pull myself back.

His hand dropped by his side. "Sorry— thanks." I don't know. I just hope I didn't sound stupid. His expression wasn't as hard or harsh as I expected. It was decent. It was...blank? Normal? Calm? I'm not sure.

Only then I realized he was walking with someone, I looked next to him and see a man around Ayana's age but a little younger looking. He was wearing a tuxedo and— oh my Allah!! Angel was wearing a tuxedo too! This is the first time I've seen him in formal wear.

"Are you ok?" I looked at the other man and nodded. "I'm ok.." I smile politely and ignored that I almost made a fool of myself. I was going to walk away slide past him. But I failed.

I heard my heel click. Oh no no. My heel broke. I gasped and stumbled but one again he caught me and looked down at me confused. "What's wrong?" His raspy voice held some sort of emotion I didn't expected.

"My heel." I said in a whiny tone. I'm so fed up of everything hating me. I groan and  took off the shoe. "Why the fuck are you wearing heel." He mumbled but I clearly heard. I gasped and playfully slapped his arm. I don't think he felt it, being that muscly I wouldn't either.

He bend down and took the shoe off and see it's completely broken. I whine again and looked at the time. I'm an idiot. I placed my hand on his shoulder unknowingly so I don't fall.

"Just walk home lady." I looked at the other man who said that. Who the hell is he. Why does it lowkey feel cool that I know Angel. He gets up and looked down at me. "Lady we got places to be."

I clench my fists and take my broken heel from Angels hand and faced the other man. "I don't need your permission. You can fricken leave SIR."

I pushed myself aside and went past them limping cuz the balance. The ground was cold and full of old snow. I'm going to get frostbite hopefully.

I took the other shoe off and began to just walk it off. After some time I made it to the diner, I sighed and sat myself in one of the booths: I just want a milkshake and pancakes.

My phone buzzed. I looked over at it and a little smile appeared on my lips.

Angel:
'You made it?'

Xaliana:
'Worried?'

Angel:
'You made it? It's a simple fucking question.'

Xaliana:
'I'm alive.okay,  yeah I made it I guess. Thanks for asking Angel.'

He didn't respond but looked at the message. I'm a mess. It was a silly joke, nothing else. Redemption arc? Idk. Anyways, Dora texted that they will be here in a couple of minutes.

"Hello darling."

My head shot up at that voice. Im meeting all my enemies today. "Kai.." I froze in my seat seeing him sit across from me. Oh my Allah, he's giving me a very unsettling feeling. I'm scared he's going to ask for something I'm not wanted to.

"There's a party next week. And you my love, will be my date." My breathing hitched at this. What is he talking about. A date? I gulped and stared at him. "Oh.." he smirked and leaned forward. "I'll be there for the end part luckily, but you darling have to go through the whole thing until I come in. I better see you there."

Words were stuck in my throat. "Is t-that the payment?" That's too little for it to be it. He laughed and leaned back. "Darling...this is just a prologue. The book didn't even start." My breathing stopped at that. This is already too much.

"I'm just your date right?" I felt my voice shaking, I can feel my body shaking. He bit his lips and shook his head.

"Part of your payment means your..my women."

"لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّۃَ اِلَّا بِاللّٰهِ الْعَلِیِّ الْعَظِیْمِ!!!!" (La Hawla Wala Quwwata Illa Billah)

———-
More coming up!

———-More coming up!