Chapter 22 - Crime Partners

Xalianas pov-

24 hours hidden in Kai's house????! Has she gone mad? Does she not remember what clearly happened a couple of days ago? Did she forget the threats of her brother?

"No! I don't want to get shot" I don't want to even get near Kai again. I don't want to ever see Angel...o gun. Almost said angel but remembered he's literally not an angel.

"What? Who will shoot you!?" I narrowed my eyes at her and tilted my head at her. "Who else pointed a gun at me and almost killed me— almost sold me to some gang,  your brother my dear friend!" My voice accidentally got louder at ever word that left my mouth.

"Fine I'll go alone." She shrugged and turned around to leave. She's fricken crazy, how is she not scared. Does she not think about consequences? She's reckless to another level. "Please don't" I pleased her to stop but she kept walking the other way.

Scenarios ran through my mind at this situation. She doesn't think but just does things that pop in her mind. That's not good, at least she has me to stop her or guid her enough so she doesn't end up dead. But if I'm not with her when she's doing something reckless than that's a danger zone.

If she ever gets hurt tonight I know damn well I wouldn't forgive myself for it and her brother will murder me. At least if I die with her then it's better.

Why can't we just go out like normal friends. Ice cream? No, shopping? No, movie night? No. Crime???? ding ding ding!

A whine left my lips and I stomp my feet lightly against the ground. I move my feet and catch up with her. "Fine! Wait for me. I'm only saying yes because you can get yourself killed" that's the best way to put it.

She smirked and shrugged. "My love, die having an adventure." She put her hand on her heart and a bright toothy smile spread her lips. A frown covered my lips. "No, that's not funny. Don't die.."

"I'm not gonna die, I have you." I smile softly and roll my eyes as she leaded us somewhere. "You know where he lives?" Seriously though, how does she find people addresses so fricken fast. Especially a damn criminal.

"Hell yeah. I was stalking him today." My eyes widen at her statement. seriously? "That's so fricken dang-" she put her finger on my lip to stop me talking.

"I better hear you say fun" I rolled my eyes and moved her hand from my lips. "Weirdo." I mumble under my breath and she only smiled widely as if she has no fears.

After a little more walk we stop infront a old worn out dark building. The neighborhood was hella shady. The closet we get the stench of weed grows more. It smells so bad. I better not smell like weed.

"I don't like this." Dora held my hand she went to the side of the building which was a tiny alley way. She took a worn out latter and pulled it up. I looked at her in horror.

"Hell to the fricken nah! I ain't climbing that." I made sure to whisper yell at her because there were some people but not many. Mostly we're homeless probably.

What if he's home? I'm going to literally cry myself to sleep by the end of this 'adventure'

"Get your ass here" I groaned and went to the latter. We both climbed up the creaky latter. What if it breaks and I break my back this time? What if he is armed? What if he shoots us the second he sees us?

What if he knows?

I was climbing with my one arm. If I fall— well than I fall. We get to a dimly lit window and Dora cupped her hand looking inside if anyone was there.

She smiled brightly and opened the window. I chew on my lip anxious every second that passes by. She jumped right in and held her hand out for me. I grabbed it immediately and climb inside too.

Pain shoots through my arm but I try to ignore it. His room- or whatever room this was is clean. It's not neat freak tidy or super nice but it's cleaner than what I expected. I expected it to be messy as hell.

It did reek of cigarettes which made me cringe so bad. His bedsheets were navy and his walls were grey. It looked normal. I look over at Dora and see her opening his drawers. "Dora don't touch anything. He will know." I whispered to her and push her away.

"Look what I found" she held up the red file that we had stolen before and got caught- well I got in trouble and ended up diving it bad to the gang leader— why is it here?

I already gave it back? My eyes watched in shock at the red file. Suddenly we heard a door shut from downstairs. He's home! Shoot.

Both our eyes go wide in horror and we looked at the window but can already hear footsteps to the door. We won't make it.

I grabbed her arm and us both under the bed. The closet isn't a good idea because he could have wanted to change or something.

This wasn't even a good idea to start with.