The Birthday Gift

Fast forward to the day Elsa turned twenty one. It was hard to believe that twenty one years before, I had created that storm. And three years before Elsa's parents had died at sea. So much had happened and more was to come. The following summer would be a hassle. Now that the king and queen were dead, Elsa was heir to the throne of Arendelle. And her grand coronation would be in the summer.

Elsa awoke to the sound of her butler knocking on the door. Quickly, she threw on a silky blue robe and brushed her hair quickly. Elsa opened the door and found her butler Lawrence smiling happily at her. "Happy birthday your grace," He said excitedly. He held a cake in one hand and a stack of gifts in the other. Lawrence worked for the king and queen ever since he was a teenager. He was one of the few staff members that knew of Elsa's powers. And one of the few who didn't fear them. Elsa giggled gracefully and took the stack of gifts and placed it on her bed.

"Come in Lawrence. Have a piece of cake," Lawrence walked in. "Oh I couldn't your grace. It was made especially for you out of the finest chocolates in the land," he answered proudly. "Ooh, chocolate," she said mesmerized. "May I ask who the gifts are from?" As she tried to stop herself from eating the delicacy. "Well, some are from the cooks. Others from the guards. A few from the maids. I pitched in myself. And ah yes, one from your sister Anna." He added nervously.

I froze for a minute myself. In all of my years, I had never seen Anna give Elsa anything. Anna always worked on gifts, but always crumpled them up and sighed at herself. I suppose she could never find the words on what to say. "Er... Lawrence... You may leave. You are dismissed thank you. Suddenly, Elsa clutched her heart and collapsed on the floor. "Elsa! Madam are you alright? What's wrong?" She breathed heavily. "Oh! I uh... Just... Medicine... For... Heart... Or coffee..." She panted. "Right away!" He stumbled out of the room leaving her alone.

It was finally time. "Elsa... Elsa..." I whispered. "Who's there?" She asked worriedly. "From this point on, now that it is your twenty first birthday..." I trailed off for dramatic effect. "What is it?" Elsa asked nervously. "Your powers are now, and forever more... Permanent. I can no longer undo them," Elsa's eyes widened. She whipped her head around. "Whoever you are... You gave me the curse? Take it back! I beg of you take it back!" She pleaded. "I can't child. Not anymore. Trust me, the time will come for you to learn, that this isn't a curse. You will see why you have your powers. Think this not as a curse. It will be your birthday gift," Tears formed in Elsa's eyes. "Please... Take it back," she cried. And then, she wiped her tears and tried to kneel. She sobbed, "If this is a gift, then who is it from?" Elsa asked with more strength in her voice. Without thinking I answered. "The moon."

Elsa quickly looked out the window. It was still early morning and I was barely about to dip down and disappear because of the sun. The pain in her heart stopped and she crawled to her window and looked at me with eyes full of wonder. "The moon. So it was you." she whispered expressionlessly.

Lawrence came charging in with coffee and medicine. Elsa refused to take the medicine. Instead, she fell back on the floor and took small sips of coffee while Lawrence fussed over her. As Lawrence babbled about the importance of her health, I couldn't help but notice her making small glances at me through her window.

A.N: The moon has spoken! And it's official! Elsa's powers are permanent! DUN DUN DUUN!! Comment, vote, and spread the word. Follow if you like my stories. Stay frozen!