Morning Birds

"Ms. Herring!" Elsa squeaked as she clumsily stood up, nearly knocking over the chair. She quickly smoothed out her dress, and reached out her hand to shake Ms. Herring's hand. "I was just admiring my chef's work tonight. Chef Jack is excellent, but he doesn't like watching other people eat his food. Why don't you take a seat. I've finished my dinner, but it would be nice to chat." Elsa faked a smile and tried to stop her outstretched hand from trembling. Ms. Herring smiled and bowed her head slightly. But she walked forward and gently pushed away Elsa's outstretched hand. "Dinner would be lovely. But you don't have to stay with me. I like eating alone because it leaves me alone with my thoughts. One thing that I don't think you like very much." Elsa was taken aback for a moment. For one thing she was glad she wouldn't have to share a meal with that awful woman. But she was right. She was terrified of her own thoughts sometimes. Being locked outside a door all her life definitely did its damage on her thoughts and ideas. Like how she thought her powers were dangerous. "Well, I believe that everyone is afraid of a certain thought or idea. But are you sure you want to eat by yourself. I'd be more than glad to-" Ms. Herring's hand stopped her words. "That is alright your majesty," she peered down at Elsa's leftover soup. "Smells delicious. Be sure to tell Chef Lumiaire that his food was delicious. I can already tell it will be one of the best meals I've ever had in my lifetime." Elsa nodded and quickly rushed back up the stairs. She was breathless for no reason. When she turned the corner and the dining hall was out of view, she leaned against the wall. Ms. Herring had known. Her chef's name isn't Jack. It was Lumiarie. She had only been there for the day and she already knew the name of her chef. What other things had she discovered? Elsa took a deep breath, before finally walking off. On the outside, she hoped that she showed no fear. On the inside however, she was terrified. Of both her and Hans now. Could she see through her lies and coverups and read her hidden emotions? As she walked, the faintest trail of ice was left behind.
*************THE NEXT DAY*********

Knock! Knock! Knock! "Elsa!" Knock! Knock! Knock! "Elsa!" Knock! Knock! Knock! "Elsa!" Elsa turned over in her bed and tried to muffle the noises with her fluffy pillow. She tossed to the other side of her bed and faced the window and doors to the balcony. Through the crystal clear glass, she could see the distant green Arendelle hills. The sun barely peeked above the hills. Elsa groaned and sighed. "Frost, if you're still around and you're upset about yesterday, I'm sorry. I really am for whatever happened. But come on, the sun is barely up!" The obnoxious knocking continued, and she finally sat up. "Frost! Frost! Jack... You're still here?" She stared directly in front of her. Cowering in the corner with his staff was none other than Jack. He was covering his ears tightly with his hands. "Believe me, I'm sort of wondering why I'm still here. And wondering what kind of wake up calls you have here." Elsa rolled her eyes and finally stood up. Her wild bed hair fell down past her shoulders. She smoothed out her night gown and began walking towards the door. Jack couldn't help but make a few glances every now and then. Elsa opened the door slowly only a few inches. But the person on the other side pushed the door open all the way, nearly smacking Elsa's nose. "Anna?" Elsa yawned. Anna was fully dressed in a long green gown. Kristoff was at her side. He was snoring quietly on Anna's shoulder. He was leaving a small puddle of drool on her shoulder. Anna walked forward and dragged the sleeping Kristoff in by the hand. "Uh, won't you come in?" Elsa dramatically gestured her hands to welcome Anna and Kristoff into her room. "So what are you two doing here at the crack of dawn? You know I'm not a morning bird," Elsa stated impatiently. "Yeah!" Jack shot a snowball near Anna's head. Anna was turned back and coincidently ducked out of the way without even realizing it. Instead, it hit Kristoff squarely in the face. "Ahh! What the?!" He awoke with a start. "Haha! Thanks Elsa! That worked better than coffee could've. Maybe you should snowball yourself." Elsa frowned and glared at her sister. The dark circles under her eyes made her seem scarier than usual. "Remember Hiccup Horrendous Haddock Elsa?" Elsa growled. "You can't be serious Anna. I'm not going on a date with the chief of Berk. Please!" Elsa begged. "Well you can't kick him out of the kingdom Elsa. That's just rude. Besides, do you know how long it took to get enough fish for his dragon? Did I mention he has a dragon? Ha! It's a night fury! That means he's tough!" Kristoff encouraged. Elsa yawned. "You're forgetting that I put Arendelle in eternal winter with my powerful ice powers Kristoff," Elsa stretched and opened the balcony doors leading to the view of the whole kingdom. The sun had risen up a little more. She stared at Arendelle. "I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not hot with my knowledge about dragon species. So I know nothing about night furies." Elsa stretched her long arms. "Have you even seen Hiccup?" Elsa paused for a moment. "No. Actually not." She admitted. "Judgmental." Jack quietly laughed. Elsa whipped around to face Jack. Her nose wrinkled and she strutted forward, prepared to throw a punch at Frosty boy's nose. "Uh Elsa. What'cha doing there?" Anna asked hesitantly. Elsa turned her attention away from Jack, and stood up straight. "Ummm, my morning workout?" She replied with a weak smile. Jack snickered. "Well, come on then! No more exercise!" She hollered. She pushed Kristoff away for a moment and grabbed Elsa's arm. "Hey! Where are you going?" Kristoff whined. "To get this royal mess ready for her first date," she answered. "Date?" Jack and Elsa asked in unison. "Wait Anna, I didn't realize we were still doing this. Anna! Anna!" Elsa protested as her feet were shuffling towards the door. "Kristoff is Hiccup up and running yet? He's staying down at the inn in town." Kristoff smiled an open mouth smile, but then closed it immediately. "No. No he's not I bet..." His eyes widened as he saw Anna's expression. "But I shall go do that! Now!" He darted out the door with Anna and her sister at his heels, leaving Jack alone once again. Jack yawned and got up from his lonely corner and stepped onto the glorious balcony. He squinted into the sunlight and found the large inn. He smirked at it, and before he could think he whispered, "The first and last date," Jack caught himself in his words. He shook his head and quickly murmured, "Cause you're Jack Frost. Legendary trickster, not..." He didn't dare finish his sentence. He hopped off the balcony and let himself fall into the cool morning air.

A.N: OMG! Happy new year guys! I thought I'd start the new year right with a new chapter. I'm so sorry I haven't updated. I haven't found the right words or the right things to write. But I'm here now, and I want to thank you because you didn't leave and you stuck around. So, later today I'm going to fix a few mistakes in this chapter and others, and basically just improve and edit. Love you guys. Stay safe and stay frozen. And remember, we're one year closer to Frozen 2. That's in 2017 I think. ;)